Sango98 For GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Sango98 For GM

yes
65%
no
35%

Total votes: 69
UntamedMonkey
Novice
Novice

Re: Sango98 For GM

Post by UntamedMonkey »

I voted yes, Sango you will make a great GM
Untamed Monkey, Attila the Hun, Amenadiel
mumen1
Peon
Peon

Post by mumen1 »

i voted yes for sango98 its a nice girl and she´s gone to a good gm
Last edited by mumen1 on 21 Feb 2013, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

Thanks for your votes guys

mumen1 I'm a girl

If anybody has questions feel free to ask me on here or on the game.
Slimor
Peon
Peon

Post by Slimor »

i voted Yes

even i dont know her very well, i think she'd do a good Job
LordDune
Peon
Peon

Post by LordDune »

Having a GM squad of all "policemen" is a bad idea. People with kind hearts and souls also can make great GM's as well as the "enforcers". Sango would make an excellent addition to your GM squad IMHO. She's got my vote.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

LordDune wrote:Having a GM squad of all "policemen" is a bad idea. People with kind hearts and souls also can make great GM's as well as the "enforcers". Sango would make an excellent addition to your GM squad IMHO. She's got my vote.
I have 3 points regarding this comment.

1. All of us GM's (myself excluded) have kind hearts. My fellow GMs would give a friend the literal shirt off their back if they needed it. There has been no end to the kindness that they have shown new players, old players, random players or anyone at all, provided they dont feel taken advantage of.

2. All of us HAVE been taken advantage of. In one way or another, someone has asked, received and not been appreciative, or tried to take advantage of the friendship, simply because we are GM's. This includes people asking for special spawns, warps, revival, items, etc. We are old players. Newer players think that simply because we are old, we have 20 of every item. Well news flash, I aint got Chocolate Cupcake. I basically have the clothes and hats you see me wear because I've given the others away or i've not bothered to get them. Furthermore, those of us that do have those things have worked hard, for years, to get what we have.

3. I hate to tell you this, but policemen are exactly what we are. We see a rule get broken, we have to act. Period, the end. Its what you, the community has entrusted us with doing. There is no room for showing leniency, it will come back around to bite you in the ass. All of us GM's have stories where someone searches for hours among the GM logs just to find one instance where a player that gets punished can come back and say, "This person did the same thing and you punished me but not them". The only kindness we can show or give regarding rules that have been broken is to explain as clearly as possible what rule was broken and explain what action can be taken by the player to prevent said braking of the rule.

In summary, GM's have to take a hardline regarding the rules. We can be friends with anyone we choose, have a good time and play the game, or just sit in town chatting, but, in the end, we have to enforce the rules.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
LordDune
Peon
Peon

Post by LordDune »

Having a GM squad of all "policemen" is a bad idea. People with kind hearts and souls also can make great GM's as well as the "enforcers". Sango would make an excellent addition to your GM squad IMHO. She's got my vote.
I have 3 points regarding this comment.

1. All of us GM's (myself excluded) have kind hearts. My fellow GMs would give a friend the literal shirt off their back if they needed it. There has been no end to the kindness that they have shown new players, old players, random players or anyone at all, provided they dont feel taken advantage of.
Your point of view. Some of the GM's in games are not always so kind. Not going to specifically single out anyone in TMW, but that is a fact.
2. All of us HAVE been taken advantage of. In one way or another, someone has asked, received and not been appreciative, or tried to take advantage of the friendship, simply because we are GM's. This includes people asking for special spawns, warps, revival, items, etc. We are old players. Newer players think that simply because we are old, we have 20 of every item. Well news flash, I aint got ****. I basically have the clothes and hats you see me wear because I've given the others away or i've not bothered to get them. Furthermore, those of us that do have those things have worked hard, for years, to get what we have.
The same people trying to take advantage of you, the GM's, do the EXACT same thing to players.
3. I hate to tell you this, but policemen are exactly what we are. We see a rule get broken, we have to act. Period, the end. Its what you, the community has entrusted us with doing. There is no room for showing leniency, it will come back around to bite you in the ass. All of us GM's have stories where someone searches for hours among the GM logs just to find one instance where a player that gets punished can come back and say, "This person did the same thing and you punished me but not them". The only kindness we can show or give regarding rules that have been broken is to explain as clearly as possible what rule was broken and explain what action can be taken by the player to prevent said braking of the rule.
Untrue. GM's, or Game Managers, also function to perform special events, help with people's questions, reporting things to the devs, etc., etc. If you think you are nothing more than a policeman as a GM, I say you're quite wrong. I've personally seen you in action, and you are much, much, much more than a cop, BC. I respect you as a GM and a person, you do a fantastic job as a Game Manager. Same holds true for most of TMW GM's.
In summary, GM's have to take a hardline regarding the rules. We can be friends with anyone we choose, have a good time and play the game, or just sit in town chatting, but, in the end, we have to enforce the rules.
[/quote][/quote]

Very true, but some GM's often times use their own interpretation of rules to suit their own mindset. I've also witnessed that in game as well. I feel someone like Sango will think long and hard before she bans someone or says a harsh word to players. Don't take my comments as a personal attack, this is exactly the type of attitude that GM's should not have.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

1. Just because you havent seen it doesnt mean it hasnt happened. Narus, Tiana, mrgrey, and prsm were all super kind to me before I was a GM, and before prsm and mrgrey were GMs. Tiana has always been a GM since i've started playing, and Narus I met shortly before she became a GM.

2. That is exactly right. I've had people try to (and one in particular that doesnt play anymore, suceed) take advantage of me many times, both before and after I was a GM. However in things like trade scamming, (drop trades, not adding a zero, fake bluejean shorts), this is all part of the game. Some people choose to be assholes and there is nothing we as GM's can do. Things like phishing sites, account scamming and the like exist seperate from the game even though they may take place in the game. About this we can do something.

3. A Game Master's job is to uphold the rules of the game. We choose to do the other things. There are resources available to have your questions answered, report to devs and the like. That is not to say we dont feel it is part of the job, as I, personally feel it is part of my job to act as a middle man between the players and devs, if I can.

4. Regarding GM's interpreting rules, there will be some interpretation involved in judging if a statement is an insult or not, if someone is spamming or not, and a couple other issues. However, we have clearly laid out steps that are to be taken once the GM has made that decision. What the punishment should be is not a judgement call. In order to be a GM, Sango would have to be willing to make a judgement call on many things, take into account as much info as possible, and if she determines that a rule has been broken, she will follow the punishment guidelines, no questions asked.

One of the things that seems to bother alot of players is that GM's seem to dole out punishment according to mood. This is not the case. Many times a player has a history of behavior that plays into the punishment, so if Player A has been banned before for X infraction, Player B, who might not have the history would get a different punishment for the same infraction. Normal players dont see the history of behavior that has led to a punishment and might think it unfair or too harsh.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

This topic should be about sango, not whether the GM team has hearts or not..

And just to make it clear, its the GMs job to make things fair in the game and make sure the rules are followed. They are not obligated to make events. So even if sango98 does become a GM there might even come a time she has to ban one of her friends to keep the game fair. Which i believe she can do and is not considered "heartless".

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

I was thinking exactly the same, I hate how people that are supposed to follow the Forum rules are the first one breaking them...
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

Thank you so much for votes and please no fighting on the page .

Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

I support Sango's nomination.

Travolta
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

Thank you for your vote Travolta

bekka
Peon
Peon

Post by bekka »

I vote for Sango :)
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Closed by request of the candidate.