Sango98 For GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Sango98 For GM

yes
65%
no
35%

Total votes: 69
Cyrus the Great
Peon
Peon

Re: Sango98 For GM

Post by Cyrus the Great »

No
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

I can't even believe there is debate. Yes, but I already voted. :D

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Omid.O wrote:No

You fail to say why...please explain why you voted no.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
fuadfauzi
Peon
Peon

Post by fuadfauzi »

So, what is the FINAL result?
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

fuadfauzi wrote:So, what is the FINAL result?

36 more yes votes are needed
Yubaba
jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Post by jessyb03 »

Voted yes. Good Luck Miss Sango
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

I voted No because she didn't help me with the Vallia quest... ***joking*** (We always see this in these posts)

Seriously, I voted yes. What I know of Sango is all good.
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

1. What is the best way to help a new player who just started playing the game in your opinion (when you are not a game master but just a normal player)?

Teach them about different classes and possibly help/explain to them how to do the starter quest but without doing it for them so they can learn.

2. When you would have the ability to spawn items using a GM command, who would get what from you?
I wouldn't spawn items for anybody. It wouldn't be fair to other players and being fair is part of being a GM.

3. You are a GM, get online and immediately receive reports about these behaviors by different players about different players. Please order them by your priority in dealing with them:

-Insults
-botting
-spamming
-English in public
-Advertising other servers

4. A player disagrees with your decisions and starts to insult you in public. How would you react?

I would point the rules out to them and if they kept insulting I would warn them at least twice and then use the appropriate course of action for their behavior.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Voted yes.

After playing a bit more alongside her and reading the pros and cons posted in this thread I've made up my mind, i think and hope she will be a great GM.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
ali.footballist
Peon
Peon

Post by ali.footballist »

I m not sure but I think I ve somewhere that gms should not be in a group.but sango is in the mana empire guild.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

ali.footballist wrote:I m not sure but I think I ve somewhere that gms should not be in a group.but sango is in the mana empire guild.
Narus, mrgrey and BC are in the pheonix council guild. mrgrey also used to be in the mana empire before going to pheonix. So yes GMs are allowed in a group :) Just because someone becomes a GM it does not mean they have to stop being a player, it just means they have higher priorities with player abuse, rather than leveling and such.

Good luck sango!

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

ali.footballist wrote:I m not sure but I think I ve somewhere that gms should not be in a group.but sango is in the mana empire guild.
We are GMs but we are also players and like any other player we are part of guilds and parties. There is nothing wrong with that :) and not all GMs are part of the same guild, chicka told you that, but her info is outdated ;), just mrgrey and me are in Phoenix Council, BC, Tiana and Prsm don't belong to any guild.
But if you notice our party name we are all together in the same party, since the game don't have a channel for the GMs to chat about GM work, we all decide to join this party, it makes more easy to communicate to each other while in game. If sango or any other player pass they will be invited to this party.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Narus wrote:since the game don't have a channel for the GMs to chat about GM work,
Pssh, just @wgm.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

yeah right o11c cos that is really really helpful when you have another million things written on the debug or general chat, this way we can keep track of long conversations. Exactly to avoid to use @wgm we started the party ;)
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Narus wrote:yeah right o11c cos that is really really helpful when you have another million things written on the debug or general chat, this way we can keep track of long conversations. Exactly to avoid to use @wgm we started the party ;)
In next client release will be special tab for gms and other @wgm players (already implimented)