Crazyk8e

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for Crazyk8e to become a GM?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 84
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by Chicka-Maria »

I thought about this for a while before voting.
Crazyk8e is a great person she's nice and kind to people and I never had any problems with her.

But I'm afraid im going to have to vote no. Being a GM is a lot of pressure from trolls and players who will need you all the time and I don't see her dealing with all that. Seeing she took MrWhos post seriously and he wasnt even trolling *as bad* shows a little bit of what she might not be able to handle in the game especially since its more constant there. She also seems to be too sensitive to be able to deal with tough situations like such.

Sorry CrazyK8e but this is from my observations.

Good Luck,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I also voted no given Chicka's reasoning. Maybe in a year or two. If she wants to help the GMs monitor so they understand the situation and why a GM would be good for that time period, it could garner my future support. If not that, then just volunteering in general goes a long way (fan based, guild based, development based, etc.).

This isn't directed at Crazyk8e, but in general.

Though it isn't required, I think it says a lot to participate in the game somewhere beyond acting as an individual player before attempting to gain a TMWC position. Being able to show a track record of good judgment helps show reasons for being a GM more than popularity.
Current character is "Abolish".
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Post by Crazyk8e »

As the quote on your profile reads, Chicka, "No one should be ashamed to admit they are wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday." One place this is very true is when dealing with trolls here. To think I haven't learned from that experience, after having only replied to ONE person, to deduce from that I'm "too sensitive" is a sad opinion indeed. If I was "too sensitive" I wouldn't have been okay with someone putting me up for GM in the first place.

Being an emotional person or being outspoken is not a barrier to being a good GM, so long as one is mature and responsible enough to base one's actions (in an 'official' capacity) on reason and the rules. Indeed, I care about this game and about helping to keep it enjoyable for all of our players, which is one of the most important qualities a GM should possess.
Jerobeel
Peon
Peon

Post by Jerobeel »

Chicka-Maria wrote:I thought about this for a while before voting.
Crazyk8e is a great person she's nice and kind to people and I never had any problems with her.

But I'm afraid im going to have to vote no. Being a GM is a lot of pressure from trolls and players who will need you all the time and I don't see her dealing with all that. Seeing she took MrWhos post seriously and he wasnt even trolling *as bad* shows a little bit of what she might not be able to handle in the game especially since its more constant there. She also seems to be too sensitive to be able to deal with tough situations like such.

Sorry CrazyK8e but this is from my observations.

Good Luck,
Chicka

Eh, i was reading again Crazy's answer to the trolling, and i don't see her taking seriously the troll of Whoguy. Perhaps you think you perceive something about her because you would ignore the guy and she showed courtesy?
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

Just a friendly reminder that this is indeed a GM suggestion poll with a specific intent and a set of rules to follow:

6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.

If the candidate feels a need to defend themselves I'm assuming that another thread should be started. I believe the validity of the allowed pro or con post is up to the moderator's discretion and not our endless debates.

Regards,

Shainen
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Crazyk8e wrote:As the quote on your profile reads, Chicka, "No one should be ashamed to admit they are wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday." One place this is very true is when dealing with trolls here. To think I haven't learned from that experience, after having only replied to ONE person, to deduce from that I'm "too sensitive" is a sad opinion indeed. If I was "too sensitive" I wouldn't have been okay with someone putting me up for GM in the first place.

Being an emotional person or being outspoken is not a barrier to being a good GM, so long as one is mature and responsible enough to base one's actions (in an 'official' capacity) on reason and the rules. Indeed, I care about this game and about helping to keep it enjoyable for all of our players, which is one of the most important qualities a GM should possess.
It wasn't a sad opinion it was an observation. Also this is what I mean about being "too sensitive". GMs will take criticism all the time from players due to their actions. Just look at straelyns posts and recent posts towards silent dawn. From what I seen I just don't think tough situations will be easy to handle with such. But this is my view sorry.

Niceness is a good quality for a GM to have but it takes a lot more than someone being nice to be able to handle the Job.

Good Luck Though,
Chicka
Yubaba
Jerobeel
Peon
Peon

Post by Jerobeel »

Chika, you think she is too sensitive, but the way i see it is not the same escenario, this topic is not the same as being GM, even if there will be mean players, any GM just have to ignore the trolls and inmature comments and keep doing their work.

Anybody as long they have good credentials of being following rules is capable of being a GM, isn't the principal work of a GM to enforce rules, promote and lead events and beta testing? assuming you are right, your point is not by any means a hindrance to that work.

As a plus she will serve to ppl that are awake at her time zone. In this momment in my country is 11:43 pm, she is around mid day. I have noticed huge gaps of time the game is without a GM around, hispanic ppl speaking spanish in the general chat (I'm from Puerto Rico) and while i don't wish or think they deserve severe punishment, (yes they should try to follow the rules and take the opportunity to learn english in a funny way)
I recognize that there is a necessity for a GM with her time zone.

By the way she happens to know spanish (is not her mother tongue)
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Just because someone is on a certain time zone it doesn't make them qualified for the job. I gave my piece of why i voted no and im sticking to it because its what I've seen. This is not a discussion, if crazyk8e would like to object to my vote she can stand up for herself and talk to me in game or in PM's.
I'm done answering here, if you would like to talk to me else where feel free but this is starting to go off topic.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Well, despite what the rules say, we all know these threads do end up becoming a discussion forum ... Does anybody even know what the difference between "valid pros and cons" and "invalid discussion" is?

TMW has a very advanced troll culture, and very weak anti-troll culture. I certainly can't fault someone for reacting badly to a troll. We're all running Homo Sapiens here (yes, even Ginaria), and we know that it's so buggy it never should have been released, but we're stuck maintaining it anyway ... and the only way to patch it is to throw random hunks of binary into the debugger and hope it works. If only I had the source code ...
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Just saying: sometimes it's better to just accept someone's opinion, even though it might be different than yours.
From my point of view I find it great that "no"-voters also post their reasons here instead of staying anonymous... critism is something that should be helpful and not denied... :wink:

Well... I really don't know Crazyk8e too much.
I saw her standing somewhere in TMW being afk more than playing (totally different time zones, I know :D ).
I had two little talks with her and I think she is a nice person who thinks the right way.
I don't vote "no" therefore but I don't know her enough to vote "yes" either.

I'll just take my time... meanwhile good luck :alt-3:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Jerobeel
Peon
Peon

Post by Jerobeel »

Chicka-Maria wrote:Just because someone is on a certain time zone it doesn't make them qualified for the job. I gave my piece of why i voted no and im sticking to it because its what I've seen. This is not a discussion, if crazyk8e would like to object to my vote she can stand up for herself and talk to me in game or in PM's.
I'm done answering here, if you would like to talk to me else where feel free but this is starting to go off topic.

regards,
Chicka
-Yes time zone could be the solely reason for the purpose of rule enforcement and events issues, as i said, as long that the candite is someone that have a good history of being following the rules, have enough time in the game and time to dedicate to the duties and trades of a GM, anybody can be one. Elections are a privilege, is not a necessity. Of course someone well known can inspire players to follow the rules, (and she is) but this too is not a necessity, rules are there, GM enforce them, players should follow the rules, period. (Im loving this, should i start the PhD in Law? :alt-0: )

-This is not personal, why should i talk with you about this else where? and yes, there could be another thread like "justify your vote for -put name here-" but isn't that too much?
i mean this is politics, so here it is where the discusison feels right.

-Yes she can object for herself, but is my free will to challenge your arguments, anyone want to challenge mine? you are welcome, I studied humanities so i'm enjoying this (i'm not trolling around..do i? :alt-5: ) again this is politics and i giving my opinion about my election and the election of others, like anybody else here about anybody else.

-Well, as you gave your reasons to why vote no, im giving mine of why i will vote yes.
Jerobeel
Peon
Peon

Post by Jerobeel »

o11c wrote:Well, despite what the rules say, we all know these threads do end up becoming a discussion forum ... Does anybody even know what the difference between "valid pros and cons" and "invalid discussion" is?

TMW has a very advanced troll culture, and very weak anti-troll culture. I certainly can't fault someone for reacting badly to a troll. We're all running Homo Sapiens here (yes, even Ginaria), and we know that it's so buggy it never should have been released, but we're stuck maintaining it anyway ... and the only way to patch it is to throw random hunks of binary into the debugger and hope it works. If only I had the source code ...
Yes i want the source code of that too, just to see why some stuff seems like division by zero.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Jerobeel wrote:Yes i want the source code of that too, just to see why some stuff seems like division by zero.
The best solution I've found so far is trap -> abort task -> full reschedule, but that still loops sometimes, I need to figure out how to feed the cost of new knowledge in better.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Jerobeel
Peon
Peon

Post by Jerobeel »

Cassy wrote:Just saying: sometimes it's better to just accept someone's opinion, even though it might be different than yours.
From my point of view I find it great that "no"-voters also post their reasons here instead of staying anonymous... critism is something that should be helpful and not denied... :wink:

Well... I really don't know Crazyk8e too much.
I saw her standing somewhere in TMW being afk more than playing (totally different time zones, I know :D ).
I had two little talks with her and I think she is a nice person who thinks the right way.
I don't vote "no" therefore but I don't know her enough to vote "yes" either.

I'll just take my time... meanwhile good luck :alt-3:
I was kind of surprised about the -no's-, naysayers these days huh? (im kidding ppl)
I'm agree with you about criticism.

Maybe her afk was cheking the wiki or reading something here at the forum, chatting in a private window, like anybody else, even GM do this sometimes.

A mindful vote is the best, no matter if its yes or no. :alt-6:
Jerobeel
Peon
Peon

Post by Jerobeel »

o11c wrote:
Jerobeel wrote:Yes i want the source code of that too, just to see why some stuff seems like division by zero.
The best solution I've found so far is trap -> abort task -> full reschedule, but that still loops sometimes, I need to figure out how to feed the cost of new knowledge in better.
Maybe that's the fun of it, i heard that the phenomena that makes police cars, tanks etc go like crazy after you in the game Grand Thef Auto was really a bug, and if you had played Vice City you know how funny was watching them go like crazy.