Crazyk8e

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, a supplied evidence will be analyzed by the other GMs and developers.
8. However, final decision is still our.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Committee (GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. A person successfully passing this procedure will be given "Junior GM" rights for a certain period, and then will be granted full GM rights.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 20 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for Crazyk8e to become a GM?

Yes
56
67%
No
28
33%
 
Total votes: 84
User avatar
Shainen
Novice
Novice
Posts: 115
Joined: 18 Feb 2010, 05:31
Location: Washington State, USA

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by Shainen » 04 Feb 2014, 13:11

Jerobeel wrote:
-This is not personal, why should i talk with you about this else where? and yes, there could be another thread like "justify your vote for -put name here-" but isn't that too much?
i mean this is politics, so here it is where the discusison feels right.
Feel free to make an appeal of rule #6 regarding GM suggestion threads. Members should feel free and at ease to post what they believe to be a valid pro or con without fear of enduring endless critique of their point. I believe this is the intention behind said rule #6, but none seems to bother abiding by it nor does any moderator care to step in and enforce it.
User avatar
Jerobeel
Peon
Peon
Posts: 31
Joined: 06 Jan 2014, 23:51
Contact:

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by Jerobeel » 04 Feb 2014, 16:49

Shainen wrote:
Jerobeel wrote:
-This is not personal, why should i talk with you about this else where? and yes, there could be another thread like "justify your vote for -put name here-" but isn't that too much?
i mean this is politics, so here it is where the discusison feels right.
Feel free to make an appeal of rule #6 regarding GM suggestion threads. Members should feel free and at ease to post what they believe to be a valid pro or con without fear of enduring endless critique of their point. I believe this is the intention behind said rule #6, but none seems to bother abiding by it nor does any moderator care to step in and enforce it.
Alright, alright. From my part of the cake im sorry.
User avatar
sango98
Novice
Novice
Posts: 171
Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 02:42

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by sango98 » 05 Feb 2014, 23:43

Villain wrote:Responding to MrWho "is irrelevant to the present issue" (Crazyk8e's GM nomination) as well.

"I don't know what you are talking about, and probably many others either, don't care, is irrelevant to the present issue." Incorrect.

---

GMs espouse an aura of authority and holding players accountable which I disagree with. I vote for anarchy!

Case has been rested.
Your no fun but this response suits your name
User avatar
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 1536
Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 03:10
Location: Internet

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by Chicka-Maria » 12 Feb 2014, 13:04

I also agree there might need to be more GMs since a lot of the other ones aren't active anymore or had left. But I also think we shouldn't just pick someone because of their time zone alone. The person needs to be able to handle the job too (for my opinion Hence why I voted no earlier).
But I also agree, that this is off topic and needs to be moved.


regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
http://themanaempire.webs.com/ - The Mana Empire Guild Website
Alexander Pope wrote:No one should be ashamed to admit they are wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday.
User avatar
Nard
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1113
Joined: 27 Jun 2010, 13:45
Location: France, near Paris

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by Nard » 12 Feb 2014, 14:54

Chicka-Maria wrote:I also agree there might need to be more GMs since a lot of the other ones aren't active anymore or had left. But I also think we shouldn't just pick someone because of their time zone alone. The person needs to be able to handle the job too.
I agree with Chicka on those points. Hence why I voted yes.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
_Speiros_
Novice
Novice
Posts: 111
Joined: 08 Nov 2012, 10:38
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by _Speiros_ » 20 Feb 2014, 12:47

DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote:1.We don't need more GMs in this game, we already have too many.

2.You should have gotten someone more thrustworthy to nominate you and not some guy who stabbed Platyna in the back and stole her game.

3.No australians play this game (or other people GMT +11) because they are busy wrestling alligators and getting stabbed by stingrays.

4. http://www.strangeparty.com/2005/04/16/old-post-18/

I rest my case.
lol, I disagree with all points except for number 3. Except they're crocs, which are a little more aggressive than gators. I was scared to look at point 4 though, so I don't know.
A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

Speiros' music page http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is _speiros_)
_Speiros_
Novice
Novice
Posts: 111
Joined: 08 Nov 2012, 10:38
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by _Speiros_ » 20 Feb 2014, 13:05

I voted yes for Crazyk8e. Here's why.

1) Time zone moderation is important, and k8e is correct in saying that we all make mistakes. She would be a junior GM to start with, which hopefully would be time for an induction into how it works. I see her as sensible, and able to adapt to change. She's from the majority's hemisphere originally, so has a similar mindset also.

2) Crazyk8e (as opposed to popular belief) isn't crazy. lol.

3) k8e's demonstrated sensibility, and as for the "oversensitive" claims, even if she was, which I disagree with, working with a body of others would ensure some consistency, whilst allowing the flavour of her personality to be advantageous to the game. I view responding to trolls not always a negative, as sometimes yes, silence is golden, but other times a response is vital. To ignore constantly without any initial response leaves questions hanging. Hence, I see her response as a good thing. I do disagree with her on some points, as regards the main theme of the day for a while now as to Platyna and the server, as regards trolling, but that's neither here nor there. The point is, I believe she'll look after the players interests in all fairness whilst upholding what the GM is required to do by way of procedure.
A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

Speiros' music page http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is _speiros_)
User avatar
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 790
Joined: 09 Mar 2013, 10:39
Location: ♥ Fluffyland ♥
Contact:

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by Cassy » 30 Jun 2014, 08:07

*bump*

This and Ginaria's nomination are not to be treated as competition.
Gina even reminded me on this one by mentioning that she might be blocking Crazyk8e's nomination.
As far as I can tell this is not true because we need more than one GM and because they are in different time zones.

Anyway, this poll was about to get forgotten, so please remember to vote on both Gina's and Katie's poll ;)

(someone had to mention this)
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
nm0i
Peon
Peon
Posts: 30
Joined: 04 Dec 2013, 17:28

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by nm0i » 01 Jul 2014, 18:41

DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote:1.We don't need more GMs in this game, we already have too many.
Wrong:
Image
3.No australians play this game (or other people GMT +11) because they are busy wrestling alligators and getting stabbed by stingrays.
UTC+11 (Leap seconds ARE important!) is populated.
User avatar
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 1536
Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 03:10
Location: Internet

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by Chicka-Maria » 01 Jul 2014, 19:22

Keep in mind we are also voting on the person would make a good GM or not, votes shouldnt just be based off time zones.

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
http://themanaempire.webs.com/ - The Mana Empire Guild Website
Alexander Pope wrote:No one should be ashamed to admit they are wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday.
User avatar
wushin
Borg Queen (Lead)
Borg Queen (Lead)
Posts: 1750
Joined: 18 Dec 2012, 06:56
Location: RiverBest, Brew City, Merica
Contact:

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by wushin » 01 Jul 2014, 19:32

More GMs! specially people like Crazyk8e.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
User avatar
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 1536
Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 03:10
Location: Internet

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by Chicka-Maria » 01 Jul 2014, 20:04

wushin wrote:More GMs! specially people like Crazyk8e.
Needing More GMs doesn't mean we should drop the quality of GMs. People need to vote on the fact if the person is going to be a good GM or not, not just because were desprite to have GMs on certain time zones.

my Votes still no.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
http://themanaempire.webs.com/ - The Mana Empire Guild Website
Alexander Pope wrote:No one should be ashamed to admit they are wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday.
User avatar
wushin
Borg Queen (Lead)
Borg Queen (Lead)
Posts: 1750
Joined: 18 Dec 2012, 06:56
Location: RiverBest, Brew City, Merica
Contact:

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by wushin » 01 Jul 2014, 20:08

More GMs and Crazyk8e is good people.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
nm0i
Peon
Peon
Posts: 30
Joined: 04 Dec 2013, 17:28

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by nm0i » 01 Jul 2014, 20:26

wushin wrote:More GMs and Crazyk8e is good people.
More GMs to test GM abuse as well \o/

By the way, you can not talk of any "quality" as you do not revote on current GMs and do not recall rights of GMs that do nothing ;) GM in this context stands for Game Mafia.
User avatar
GozUer
Peon
Peon
Posts: 27
Joined: 11 Jun 2013, 22:58
Location: Portugal City
Contact:

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by GozUer » 02 Jul 2014, 21:30

nm0i wrote:
DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote:1.We don't need more GMs in this game, we already have too many.
Wrong:
Image
3.No australians play this game (or other people GMT +11) because they are busy wrestling alligators and getting stabbed by stingrays.
UTC+11 (Leap seconds ARE important!) is populated.
wushin wrote:More GMs! specially people like Crazyk8e.
wushin wrote:More GMs and Crazyk8e is good people.
First of all this is only my opinion, i also think we have enough GM's for now. You not satisfied with GM work? dismiss inactive GMs first then add new ones.
Second, nothing against Crazyk8e, its indeed good people! but according to nm0i's chart, there is hours without a GM, so in my opinion instead of getting new GM's because they are "good people" choose GM's that we need! that can maybe fill that gap on nm0i's chart. a GM is not a "friend" or because its "good people" he should take the job seriously and devoted to his work, and be the most present possible and not "inactive" like some, or most (also apply to Devs).

So in my opinion, More GMs? try to clean the house first, and choose what we NEED, not because its a good person, i can name 10 good guys that could be GM right now just because they are "nice", but we dont need them to be "nice". there is only 1-2 active GMs that do something for the game everyday, and i can see that because i play this every day for more than a year.

just opinions. thank you for reading
Post Reply