Kytty for GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Kytty for GM

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 46
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Kytty for GM

Post by Livio »

WildX wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 13:04 I think it's about time for a new GM. Somebody to cover non-American timezones would be especially useful, but I'm sure Prsm can use an extra hand regardless. Voting yes!

The poll is going very well so good luck! :D
I really doubt that a Mexican girl can cover non-American timezones.
I can cover most European afternoon/night time zone but I don't know how to enforce rules on game.
Maybe an Asian GM would be useful too.
Krists
Peon
Peon

Post by Krists »

I VOTED YES.... 8)
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

After getting some more opinions, I agree to vote yes to allow kytty to have game mastering powers.
Kytty don't let us down!

A note for players:
Now that probably TMW will have a new GM I suggest players not to abuse of data contained in GM logs even by using the bash script I've made for "grepping" those logs. Similar incident occurred while CRC was using her EC (Event Coordinator) privileges during her very first time. That lead to game and relations getting worse uselessly. Just think of that bastard of loofrewop that finally got banned but game changed a bit and no more SUSANs were spawned since then.
Remember that for a GM most of the worst work load comes directly from misbehaving community actions!

Hoping that you will keep that in mind, serious stuff ends here.

Hey Prsm! Was that a woman who drove the car with the "NO-1-GM" license plate? :mrgreen:
Kytty, Liviobot's code will not change regardless of poll results: he will always greet you saying the same thing again. :alt-5:
And, hmm...
I wonder if it's possible to give GM powers to ManaMarket in order to broadcast help requests when a low level player dies a lot of times...
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Livio wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 11:57 I wonder if it's possible to give GM powers to ManaMarket in order to broadcast help requests when a low level player dies a lot of times...
Entirely offtopic but: I'm pretty sure ManaMarket is actually a GM Bot; I just don't know if it can broadcast or not. (Nor if it should, you can use !irc on and use IRC if you want something similar to a broadcast though. It's how Evol2 servers - like testing and ML - make a world channel).

On-topic note: Kytty have 100% upvotes, being 31 favor and 0 against. That's a quite surprising result, to be honest. Both reaching 30 votes, as well as having 100% upvotes.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Seems that nobody has sockpuppeted the poll so I guess that GM Polls post limit can stay on its value of 20 and this thread can successfully expire.
Søren
Peon
Peon

Post by Søren »

gl :alt-5:
WarriorPL
Legendary Warrior
Legendary Warrior

Post by WarriorPL »

Livio wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 14:51 Seems that nobody has sockpuppeted the poll so I guess that GM Polls post limit can stay on its value of 20 and this thread can successfully expire.
Conclusion .. must be more active players...
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

For the record, if the 45 vote limit can't be reached but there's still a lot of support for the candidate the limit COULD be bypassed. As I like to remind people, this is "community suggestions" and not "community elections".

This poll has been open for a week and Kytty still has 100% support. No credible objections and not even a single troll voting no just for fun. That's impressive.

TMW Team member

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

WildX wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 12:44 For the record, if the 45 vote limit can't be reached but there's still a lot of support for the candidate the limit COULD be bypassed. As I like to remind people, this is "community suggestions" and not "community elections".
I would just like to clear a possible equivoc regarding that.

As the person in question is not a TMWT member, the constitution overrules and requires a TMWT vote to add person in TMWT. This poll could fail. Then constitution says the person cannot be a GM, because every GM must be a TMWT member.

This is embodied in the form of rule #8, "the decision is still ours."
That's why this is not really an election; If the person is not voted to join TMWT they cannot become a GM, even if they had enough votes.

Partly long on-topic and off-topic rambling, read at your own risk:
Spoiler:
That being said, Constitution do create two edge cases:
  • TMWT members could, in theory, bypass TMWT poll, but would not be allowed to bypass a poll here. “To become a Game Master, a person must be voted in by the player community”. However,
  • TMWT members can always call for an internal vote. This means it is easier for a GM to be kicked than added, at all times, cases and circumstances. In other words, the above edge case is unlikely to be triggered.
  • Also, because this forum rules regulates how a person is to be voted by the player community, in theory, the requeriments (45 votes and 3:1 ratio) ARE compulsory. However,
  • We have a previous consensus decision which determined the 45 votes can be unenforceable at times (like now); And in such case, only the ratio rule is to be enforced.
  • And this decision is consesus-based, the second lowest strength of decisions. This means the immediate above level (a formal vote) could rule out this possibility at any time.
Sorry, I'm particularly chatty today.

In case someone is wondering the decision strength order, doctrine says it is:
Personal Decision < Consensus < Vote = Rules < Constitution

Which is weird, because we are not strictly following doctrine in this case. In theory, this consensus decision should have been submitted to a vote. We could instead just wander around other doctrines and use principles to say that a consensus is as strong as a vote until objections are raisen.

Which is what happens in practice. A TMWT member could claim the 45 votes limit to be unenforceable and try to have TMWT to continue the proccess (with a poll), but if someone objected the new poll, that would on itself be strong enough to put it on hold. Such objection would be done on a third poll because we love polls. Amusing enough, I think the most bureacratic internal proccess on TMWT takes exactly 3 polls. So the longest a decision should be delayed, in theory, is 21 days. Oh well, I guess I now know why TMW development is at times so slow :lol:

So, you've just got a free ramble on how doctrine says stuff should work and a analysis of the rules currently in effect and how they would affect this poll because I was bored and planned to skip lunch. Oh well.

I did add a spoiler tag. You have no one to blame but yourself for reading my rambles. :P
“Doctrine” here is a general category of knowledge. In other words, studied at universities and etc. It is not specific to TMW.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

nanoqX
Peon
Peon

Post by nanoqX »

I vote for kytty.
Hocus Pocus Fidibus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Hocus Pocus Fidibus »

WildX wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 12:44 ... not even a single troll voting no just for fun.
Oh this temptation *sigh*
*hardly able to resists*
*votes yes*
*sigh*
Cirno9
Peon
Peon

Post by Cirno9 »

I vote "Yes"
Thank you!
gnowun uno
Peon
Peon

Post by gnowun uno »

Kytty has been most helpful to a player (me) that has been absent for about 10 years.
Indeed the whole community has been helpful and supporting.
---
Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited, licensed or taxed.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Yes! This game needs more GMs any day. And then "vote for Kytty" is probably best elections slogan I ever met :D
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

all criteria for this part of the election have been met.

Locking thread to move on to the next step!

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!