Hello=) for GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for Hello=) to become a GM?

Yes

97%

No

3%

Total votes: 35
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Hello=) for GM

Post by jesusalva »

Hello=) (forum nickname t3st3r) is one of our oldest players, having been around since 2009 or earlier, to the point I cannot obtain their precise join date from databases. He is mature and I believe he would be in overall a good addition to the Gm Team.

He was the first player to obtain level 106 ingame, and is almost always found lurking at the same spot near Hurnscald Storage. They also have more availability at weekends than our current GMs, which helps to cover better the servers, specially after rEvolt release.

He also have experience as a former IRC operator (the ircop guy, not the channel op), is a geek, and defender of FLOSS. I believe that the FLOSS portion of players are underrepresented within TMWT, and I believe this could help to amend it.

Hello=) knows the game well, as well as the rules and the community. Although I kinda hope he do not start speaking about micro-controllers inside the hidden channels as I don't know anything about that :lol:

I am aware Hello=) had quite a big fight with Prsm in the past, but I assume(EDIT: Was told by both parties that) it remains in past. I believe he learned to listen a lot more since then. His timezone seems to be in Europe, which is also a good thing as we currently have most of GM staff in America. (And he speaks Russian! How cool is that? Don't answer.)

Last edited by jesusalva on 11 Nov 2020, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Hello=) for GM

Post by Ledmitz »

I like him so much I voted for him 3 times!!! Dang it... where's the troll face button?

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

jesusalva wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 15:26

Hello=) knows the game well, as well as the rules and the community. Although I kinda hope he do not start speaking about micro-controllers inside the hidden channels as I don't know anything about that :lol:

He must broadcast such conversation about microcontrollers or I will not vote for him.
THIS IS TMW!!! THE MICROCONTROLLER WORLD!!!

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Timezone?
I will vote with Prsm and Kytty on this one as I have no issue with t3st3r being a GM, just questions about whether one is needed. I would be happy to see an old time player on the team :)

TMW Team member

prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

WildX wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 21:45

Timezone?
I will vote with Prsm and Kytty on this one

Wildx, i think this is a mistake, vote your heart and soul.
My vote will be silent, I am not here to influence, Hello deserves that from all
of us.

I am not special.

Code: Select all

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

WildX wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 21:45

Timezone?

His behavior its quite confusing since you can see him online for a lot of time idling.
I found him active during 11:00AM(UTC) or even at 05:30AM(UTC) but I can't be sure if that's a matter of habits or it's because he do lots of things at time and then go check ManaPlus when he get bored or triggered by a message.
He seems to be the closest to the Asian continent so I guess that he is capable of covering a good portion of world timezones.
When I log in the morning usually I see no GMs online.

Hello=) said to have been an IRCop and proved to be technically experienced about game development so I guess that he may have the capability to detect exploitable game bugs from another point of view.
I'm not actually happy with his mobile internet connection but I guess that some lag and a small bandwidth shouldn't be a problem at all. So, I've voted for him.

prsm wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 23:30

My vote will be silent, I am not here to influence, Hello deserves that from all of us.
I am not special.

Prsm, your knowledge and actions proved to be valuable to the community so far. I don't understand what holds you explaining what's wrong with Hello=). It's a matter of point of view or he managed to do something unacceptable in the past that we should be aware of?

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Livio wrote: 11 Nov 2020, 01:08
prsm wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 23:30

My vote will be silent, I am not here to influence, Hello deserves that from all of us.
I am not special.

Prsm, your knowledge and actions proved to be valuable to the community so far. I don't understand what holds you explaining what's wrong with Hello=). It's a matter of point of view or he managed to do something unacceptable in the past that we should be aware of?

Prsm had told me earlier he had nothing against Hello=) though (otherwise I would not consider putting his name forward. Doh.)

Eh, is it because I wrote about Hello=) vs Prsm incident in 2012? (It is the first thing which shows up if you see his forum profile btw)
I reworded that part to make more clear what I was told, I had used the verb "assume" but it could convey the impression that I am jumping to conclusions because it was too long ago and didn't talked with either; So I opted to rewrite that part to make more clear I did ask them both first >.<

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Livio wrote: 11 Nov 2020, 01:08

[/quote]

You have all missed the point in this forum, this is where you, the player get a vote, influenced by no one.
It doesn't matter what i think, or Kytty, or Jesusalva. Vote your heart and soul.

ftr, I have no recollection of an issue with Hello=).

So vote how you feel!

Prsm

ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Prsm is right. This poll is just whether you like Hello=) as GM. After he/she passed the poll, there is another vote in TMWT, whether TMWT actually needs another GM, or not. Whether his timezone(s) fill a gap etc. All these things are only decided after this poll has passed. Therefore you can just vote Yes/No based on whether you like someone as GM.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

I already voted before first Prsm post, with my heart and soul, without any kind of biasing.
I haven't asked Prsm what thinks but if he Hello=) could be considered a threat for some reason or not.
Prsm seems to have confirmed that there's nothing important to report about Hello=) and I'm not going to take his distaste into account.
I'm sure that both Prsm and Hello=), regardless of their opinions about each other, are able to cooperate together when something wrong is going to happen.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Every GM poll I can remember has considered all factors including availability, skill and ability to work with the existing GM team. It's been stressed a lot over the years that these are not popularity contests. The community poll and the internal poll are two rounds of a job interview. The reason why I said I would vote with the GMs is that they are doing the job and they know what they need.

Prsm, your input is relevant when it comes to the question of a new GM being needed and at what times. In that, you are special because you are a GM.

(I voted yes)

TMW Team member

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Never had an issue with Hello=) voted yes.

Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Some clarifications...

Post by Hello=) »

1) Thanks for all kind words. Honestly, I'm amazed to learn it seems people are (mostly) happy to meet me in game and hang around. But nobody is perfect, me neither. I bet I could be annoying or sometimes even rude or possibly made someone unhappy eventually. Actually, it's interesting experience that allows to take a fresh look on self, regardless of outcome.

2) Let's say I don't have any problems with Prsm at this point of space and time. I've got impression he also really okay with me. Last time I've been unhappy about something related is over 8 years ago! Since then a lot of things changed. One of these changes is: I've learned to respect Prsm for his dedicated, die-hard service to this small but nice and interesting community. May others be as diehard as he is. It's nice people are staying sharp and try to identify possible problems, but I guess in this case it's waaaay overzealous :P.

3) As for reasons... it wasn't really mine idea. As you can see, Jesusalva came with this idea. I've took my time to think on this - and at the end of day I got idea I would really hate to say "no" to Jes on this, and it could be interesting experience to try. Furthermore my past experience could eventually prove useful. I can imagine I'll have my share of hell, but seems scaredy cats get no fun. Maybe my previous experience can help to improve some things I care of (privacy, security, usability, player-friendly, tinkering, experiments, opensource, geek friendly... to name few). With enough luck I hope it could eventually do good to project as whole. At least it would be sad to give up some strange dreams without even trying. So I guess I'll try. If you let me.

4) As for timezones and so on. If someone needs formal number, take UTC+3. But as players joke, I'm living on ISS. Therefore... if someone curious when it's convenient and safe time to bot, erm, I'm sorry, but better assume "none" to be on safe side. I really dislike banning people, that's my least favorite thing to do. But I will if I have to. So play fair and treat others the way you want to be treated yourself. Always good idea, regardless of particular person being GM, btw.

Hope it makes some things a bit more clear...

Last edited by Hello=) on 13 Nov 2020, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Some clarifications...

Post by Ledmitz »

t3st3r wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 19:46

I bet I could be annoying or sometimes even rude or possibly made someone unhappy eventually

Join the crew. Literally. 8)

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Cyrus the Great
Peon
Peon

Post by Cyrus the Great »

Hello=) is an old player. He is mature, knowledgeable, and friendly. Not only he is a pro player, but also he has an extensive level of knowledge on different topics ranging from IT and coding to history and politics. Also, he can represent the heavily under-represented Euroasian players and cover those time-zones.

I think Hello=) would be a type of GM who is both mature and reasonable enough to investigate matters carefully and let the players voice their opinion before pushing the "BAN" button.
I also believe he is a free soul who would put justice before his friends (Which is a very important quality IMHO). Hoping that he would remain so, I voted Yes.

All the best.

"Success always calls for greater generosity — though most people, lost in the darkness of their own egos, treat it as an occasion for greater greed."
Cyrus the Great