Window 7 graphs

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
GABQ
Peon
Peon

Window 7 graphs

Post by GABQ »

Hello every1

In the login window when trying to play on windows 7, it is all messy and i cant ever read nothing there
I know there is another post looking like this one but I still can't make it work

Oh btw, im using the game for windows portable

What and HOW can I fix it? Im just proving the game b4 install it on fedora 12
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Window 7 graphs

Post by Crush »

I had the same problem when I switched to Win7. Just install the most recent driver for your video card and the problem is gone.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

If that doesn't help, run without OpenGL enabled (you can add the --no-opengl switch or edit the config file and set opengl to 0).
GABQ
Peon
Peon

Post by GABQ »

Hey every1 again,

Thanks for the help but I installed it on fedora and works perfectly there.
Ya, sry but.. i dun like windows that much it was just to prove it and man... i cant use windows not even if its a lil prove...

Anyway, ty all of u
Silverquimera
Peon
Peon

Post by Silverquimera »

jaxad0127 wrote:If that doesn't help, run without OpenGL enabled (you can add the --no-opengl switch or edit the config file and set opengl to 0).
Sorry,,, but... I've been searching all the files in the tmw folder... and I couldn't find the "config file"... I'm trying to install 0.0.29.1 at vista and I've the latest drivers for my Laptop.... Just asking for some help... thx 4 all!!
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

Silverquimera wrote:
jaxad0127 wrote:If that doesn't help, run without OpenGL enabled (you can add the --no-opengl switch or edit the config file and set opengl to 0).
Sorry,,, but... I've been searching all the files in the tmw folder... and I couldn't find the "config file"... I'm trying to install 0.0.29.1 at vista and I've the latest drivers for my Laptop.... Just asking for some help... thx 4 all!!
I ran vista for a few days and all i did was install the regular windows installer for windows and it would run just fine. I am a ubuntu user though :P

source - http://downloads.sourceforge.net/theman ... -win32.exe
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Silverquimera wrote:
It's under your user folder, in the .tmw folder. You can also change your shortcut to have --no-opengl after the executable (outside the quotes) and then disable OpenGL in the settings dialog.
Silverquimera
Peon
Peon

Post by Silverquimera »

jaxad0127 wrote:
Silverquimera wrote:
It's under your user folder, in the .tmw folder. You can also change your shortcut to have --no-opengl after the executable (outside the quotes) and then disable OpenGL in the settings dialog.
Excelent!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I needed--- all runs perfectly!! Thx
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

I've posted this a few times long ago but I thought I'd chime in again to help out anybody who may be running Windows and reading this.

OpenGL drivers for Intel / ATI chipsets are broken on windows, especially Intel. ATI does better but the extension support is crap.

If you're running Windows, any flavor, and you've got either an Intel or ATI graphics chipset (many cheap desktops and just about all laptops that aren't high end) you'll get a proper display and often much faster performance if you run in SDL/Software mode. I have not experienced this issue on any Windows machines with nVidia chipsets. The problem seems to only affect certain ATI chipsets but not others (I haven't identified which models seem to work and which don't).

It would seem that TMW defaults to OpenGL mode which generally works on Linux machines but is dodgy on cheap computers running Windows. Updated video drivers will generally not fix the problem. You will have to edit your configuration file as stated in an earlier post.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek