4144 Patch Help

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

4144 Patch Help

Post by DarkLord »

How do I get music in 4144's patch? I ticked "download music" then it downloaded the music file but still no music. I am on Windows 7 if that is any help.

Thanks in advance
Regards,
DarkLord

Occasionally playing TMW.

Running Windows 8.1 Pro, OS X Mavericks and Ubuntu 13.10
Moiraine Damodred
Novice
Novice

Re: 4144 Patch Help

Post by Moiraine Damodred »

Copy the music directory and its content from
/usr/share/tmw/data/
to
/usr/share/mana/data/
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Windows 7 != linux
Moiraine Damodred
Novice
Novice

EJlol wrote:Windows 7 != linux
Still the same answer >:)
Music dir from tmw -> mana.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Moiraine Damodred wrote:
Still the same answer >:)
Music dir from tmw -> mana.
If it's in an installer, then the installer needs to be fixed to have the correct directory.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

also next time you should contact 4144 threw pm or on irc. This is not a general support discussion this is an advanced one because the tmw developers did not create this 4144 client (fully)
Moiraine Damodred
Novice
Novice

Sure but that's not TMW's problem!

You download music for TMW. It gets downloaded to ./tmw/music/ As it should be.
4144 patch uses a different directory (./mana/) and so you need to copy it over manually.

I think I even read about this in a readme file during installation(?)

AFAIK this forum should (/is?) not for 4144 problems/questions so you might want to lock it too ;)
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Moiraine Damodred wrote:Sure but that's not TMW's problem!

You download music for TMW. It gets downloaded to ./tmw/music/ As it should be.
4144 patch uses a different directory (./mana/) and so you need to copy it over manually.

I think I even read about this in a readme file during installation(?)

AFAIK this forum should (/is?) not for 4144 problems/questions so you might want to lock it too ;)
I second this ^ but I do not have this ability.
DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkLord »

You wish it were...

Linux did nothing with Windows. Just cause Bill Gates sold his shares in Microsoft does not mean it becomes Linux. Windows 7 kicks linux's arse.
Linux Users wrote:Linux has better virus protection BLA BLA BLA
Yanno what? I manage fine with Norton and AVG Free. And at least windows is way more compatible with stuff like shockwave, flash player and not to mention formats like m4a music. Only Windows can play that (and maybe mac I'm not sure) and linux has no plugin for it. And you also have to install plugins for linux. Windows = no problems. Well, when I got google chrome I had to install plug-ins for the browser but that was easy. Anyway, also Linux doesn't give support to many programs at all and WINE sucks big time. 3 quaters of the time it crashes anyway. And games, well fedora can't play any and Ubuntu plays a few but like what the hell. Just get windows...

EDIT: Oh, and thank you for your help by the way.
Regards,
DarkLord

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Install a fresh copy of windows. Do not hook it up to the internet. See if you can run any programs that did not come with windows. Install via flash drive. Than tell me you can trust windows. Because you can virtually not do anything from there its useless. It also tells you that windows forces programs to go on the internet without your permission. Windows XP has a file wualct.exe and others that you will find by hitting ctrl + alt + Delete. You can not delete this file (normally) what it does is forces automatic updates (mind you I am talking about windows XP pro vp3) you can close it but it will reappear, maybe under 2 seconds if your computer is good, in a different spot. I won't get into detail about windows Not trusting you and forcing your vulnerability without permission - the whole license agreement that I am sure you didn't read. just all IMO of course ^ :roll:
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

DarkLord wrote:Linux did nothing with Windows. Just cause Bill Gates sold his shares in Microsoft does not mean it becomes Linux. Windows 7 kicks linux's arse.
Yanno what? I manage fine with Norton and AVG Free. And at least windows is way more compatible with stuff like shockwave, flash player and not to mention formats like m4a music. Only Windows can play that (and maybe mac I'm not sure) and linux has no plugin for it. And you also have to install plugins for linux. Windows = no problems. Well, when I got google chrome I had to install plug-ins for the browser but that was easy. Anyway, also Linux doesn't give support to many programs at all and WINE sucks big time. 3 quaters of the time it crashes anyway. And games, well fedora can't play any and Ubuntu plays a few but like what the hell. Just get windows...
I have no issues with any of that under Linux. And you are getting very offtopic.
theboomboomcars
Peon
Peon

Post by theboomboomcars »

DarkLord wrote:
You wish it were...

Linux did nothing with Windows. Just cause Bill Gates sold his shares in Microsoft does not mean it becomes Linux. Windows 7 kicks linux's arse.

EDIT: Oh, and thank you for your help by the way.
!= means not equal.

m4a is an iTunes format, and I can play them just fine on my linux computers. You need to install plugins for windows and mac for different media. I would suggest that you should rephrase your statement to say many proprietary programs don't support Linux. If you look in your package manager and see all the programs that the distribution supports, and compare it to the add/remove programs in a fresh install of windows and see which supports more software.

Windows is better for gaming, but there is more to computers than gaming.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Stay on topic or I will start locking/baning. Support forums are under strict moderation.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

well jax to keep with protocol and everything...
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =1&t=10219
DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkLord »

meway wrote:Install a fresh copy of windows. Do not hook it up to the internet. See if you can run any programs that did not come with windows. Install via flash drive. Than tell me you can trust windows. Because you can virtually not do anything from there its useless. It also tells you that windows forces programs to go on the internet without your permission. Windows XP has a file wualct.exe and others that you will find by hitting ctrl + alt + Delete. You can not delete this file (normally) what it does is forces automatic updates (mind you I am talking about windows XP pro vp3) you can close it but it will reappear, maybe under 2 seconds if your computer is good, in a different spot. I won't get into detail about windows Not trusting you and forcing your vulnerability without permission - the whole license agreement that I am sure you didn't read. just all IMO of course ^ :roll:
Newer versions ask before doing anything.

EDIT: And I still can't get music to work :(
Regards,
DarkLord