Game Registration broken

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Underdog
Peon
Peon

Game Registration broken

Post by Underdog »

I've tried two times through the website using two separate email accounts. I did this yesterday and never got a confirming email and when trying to login using the client the ID's are not recognized. The web registration did tell me to expect a confirmation email so I know I did everything correct and I double checked my email addresses.

I'm using Gmail if that matters and, yes, I already checked the "spambox" and the email isn't there either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Mavromatis
Peon
Peon

Re: Game Registration broken

Post by Mavromatis »

Same problem here. Username and email are the same with forum.
ettin
Peon
Peon

Post by ettin »

me too. I was trying to make another acount.
Underdog
Peon
Peon

Post by Underdog »

I wonder how many people who can't register bother to register for the forum and let everyone know? I doubt many people would bother and would probably assume registration is closed or the community is dead. :cry: I haven't played yet, but it looks like an interesting game - I hope I get the chance to take part in the community. 8)

Cheers.
Hilderith
Peon
Peon

Post by Hilderith »

This is so messed up.... same here
ettin
Peon
Peon

Post by ettin »

i've got a char but i wanted a second acount :(
Mavromatis
Peon
Peon

Post by Mavromatis »

Underdog wrote:I wonder how many people who can't register bother to register for the forum and let everyone know? I doubt many people would bother and would probably assume registration is closed or the community is dead. :cry: I haven't played yet, but it looks like an interesting game - I hope I get the chance to take part in the community. 8)

Cheers.
Yes the registration to forum is really hard, impossible for me because of the garbage captcha. A good samaritan from irc filled the form for me since I got banned from registration since I couldn't read the captcha for several times. So please change that captcha too while repairing the game registration.
Underdog
Peon
Peon

Post by Underdog »

Mavromatis wrote: Yes the registration to forum is really hard, impossible for me because of the garbage captcha. A good samaritan from irc filled the form for me since I got banned from registration since I couldn't read the captcha for several times. So please change that captcha too while repairing the game registration.
I agree, the forum registration process is ridiculously hard. What I ended up having to do is forgoing filling in the info and refreshing the page a dozen or so times until I got a captcha I could read, then I filled out the registration info and submitted it. It shouldn't be so ass-backwards and difficult to register for a forum - particularly when the registration for the game itself is broken - I almost gave up.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Unfortunately the captcha for forum registration is necessary. Our forum is suffering from frequent spam bot attacks. Using a captcha reduces the amount of spam posts we have to delete every day to manageable levels.

The registration system for the game server is outside of my sphere of influence, but my suggestion for those who do have access to it would be to reenable the registration through the game client until the problem has been fixed.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Registration for the game should be fixed now. Please try.
Mavromatis
Peon
Peon

Post by Mavromatis »

Seems that it is fixed. About the forum, I don't say remove the captcha, I only say replace it with something that is possible to read.
Underdog
Peon
Peon

Forum registration difficulties

Post by Underdog »

Mavromatis wrote:About the forum, I don't say remove the captcha, I only say replace it with something that is possible to read.
Seconded.