Page 1 of 1

Problem compiling ManaServ ...

Posted: 07 Jun 2010, 00:04
by strikerbcb
I try to compile the today version of ManaServ from Git, but with no sucess. Look below the errors from log :

accountserv :
-------------- Build: default in ManaServ Accountserver ---------------

Linking console executable: accountserver.exe
.objs\src\account-server\main-account.o:main-account.cpp:(.text+0x9d9): undefined reference to `ResourceManager::initialize()'
.objs\src\utils\xml.o:xml.cpp:(.text+0x176): undefined reference to `ResourceManager::loadFile(std::string const&, int&)'
.objs\src\utils\xml.o:xml.cpp:(.text+0x7f8): undefined reference to `ResourceManager::loadFile(std::string const&, int&)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 2 seconds)
3 errors, 0 warnings
gameserv :
-------------- Build: default in ManaServ Gameserver ---------------

Compiling: src\common\permissionmanager.cpp
Compiling: src\game-server\accountconnection.cpp
Compiling: src\game-server\actor.cpp
Compiling: src\game-server\being.cpp
Compiling: src\game-server\buysell.cpp
Compiling: src\game-server\character.cpp
E:\tmp\tmwserver\src\game-server\character.cpp: In member function `void Character::receiveExperience(int, int, int)':
E:\tmp\tmwserver\src\game-server\character.cpp:483: warning: converting to `int' from `float'
E:\tmp\tmwserver\src\game-server\character.cpp: In member function `int Character::getExpGot(size_t) const':
E:\tmp\tmwserver\src\game-server\character.cpp:594: error: 'const class std::map<int, int, std::less<int>, std::allocator<std::pair<const int, int> > >' has no member named 'at'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 8 seconds)
1 errors, 1 warnings
PS. : The Client compiles fine, but i need tho change the line 535 from \src\gui\serverdialog.cpp to : bool meetsMinimumVersion = 1;, then the compilation and client works fine.

More Informations :
Windows 7 64 Bits
CodeBlocks + Mingw that comes with him
Git version from the day 06-06-2010

Re: Problem compiling ManaServ ...

Posted: 07 Jun 2010, 02:33
by Jaxad0127
strikerbcb wrote:The Client compiles fine, but i need tho change the line 535 from \src\gui\serverdialog.cpp to : bool meetsMinimumVersion = 1;, then the compilation and client works fine.
Could you come on git so we could look at that issue?

Re: Problem compiling ManaServ ...

Posted: 07 Jun 2010, 06:25
by Crush
jaxad0127 wrote:
strikerbcb wrote:The Client compiles fine, but i need tho change the line 535 from \src\gui\serverdialog.cpp to : bool meetsMinimumVersion = 1;, then the compilation and client works fine.
Could you come on git so we could look at that issue?
Errr... maybe Jaxad0127 means IRC instead of GIT?

Re: Problem compiling ManaServ ...

Posted: 07 Jun 2010, 06:31
by Jaxad0127
Crush wrote:
jaxad0127 wrote:
strikerbcb wrote:The Client compiles fine, but i need tho change the line 535 from \src\gui\serverdialog.cpp to : bool meetsMinimumVersion = 1;, then the compilation and client works fine.
Could you come on git so we could look at that issue?
Errr... maybe Jaxad0127 means IRC instead of GIT?
Yeah, sorry,

Re: Problem compiling ManaServ ...

Posted: 07 Jun 2010, 20:45
by strikerbcb
i can't access IRC from work, only at home, but i have not time since i'm at home only at 23:00 PM, its not possible to use other messaging system like Gtalk or MSN ?

You know how its this problem ? I think the first its some project outdated problem, the second its some variables not well implemented or missing.

Re: Problem compiling ManaServ ...

Posted: 10 Jun 2010, 03:12
by iceslice
when a dev added new files to "make" system, it's very likely that s/he havent included those files in code blocks project. Try adding corresponding files in there.

Re: Problem compiling ManaServ ...

Posted: 10 Jun 2010, 03:46
by Jaxad0127
iceslice wrote:when a dev added new files to "make" system, it's very likely that s/he havent included those files in code blocks project. Try adding corresponding files in there.
I personally make sure I update all three.

Re: Problem compiling ManaServ ...

Posted: 10 Jun 2010, 06:00
by Crush
Unfortunately there seem to be some developers who don't. Every other time I pull the latest changes they don't compile because someone forgot to update the cb project.

Dear Linux devs: I am also updating your makefiles when I add or remove files. Could you please have the courtesy to do the same with the .cbp file? It's a self-explaining XML file - don't tell me you don't know how to do it.

Re: Problem compiling ManaServ ...

Posted: 10 Jun 2010, 06:54
by Jaxad0127
Crush wrote:Unfortunately there seem to be some developers who don't. Every other time I pull the latest changes they don't compile because someone forgot to update the cb project.

Dear Linux devs: I am also updating your makefiles when I add or remove files. Could you please have the courtesy to do the same with the .cbp file? It's a self-explaining XML file - don't tell me you don't know how to do it.
If you don't update Makefile, you'll break the source distribution. ;)
And CMake is used for the nightlies. ;)
Just don't ask me to maintain VS or Xcode.

Re: Problem compiling ManaServ ...

Posted: 11 Jun 2010, 03:33
by strikerbcb
well, now i can compile the two servers with no problems, but ... now the client can´t compile anymore ... the log says that :
Linking executable: mana.exe
C:\CodeBlocks\lib/libSDL_gfx.a(SDL_gfxBlitFunc.o):SDL_gfxBlitFunc.c:(.data+0x0): multiple definition of `GFX_ALPHA_ADJUST'
.objs\src\graphics.o:graphics.cpp:(.data+0x0): first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 4 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings
And before this i need to comment 3 lines ( with this : STDMETHOD(SetColorScheme)(THIS_ LPLOGPALETTE) PURE;) in oleidl.h from mingw because it says that :
Compiling: src\client.cpp
In file included from c:\codeblocks\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.1/../../../../include/ole2.h:29,
from c:\codeblocks\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.1/../../../../include/shlobj.h:11,
from E:\tmp\tmwclient\src\utils/specialfolder.h:25,
from E:\tmp\tmwclient\src\client.cpp:89:
c:\codeblocks\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.1/../../../../include/oleidl.h:210: error: 'LPLOGPALETTE' has not been declared
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 14 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings
I update my codeblocks and mingw to the new 10.05 version bundled with mingw
I´m using the latest git version ...

Re: Problem compiling ManaServ ...

Posted: 11 Jun 2010, 05:02
by iceslice
how come your client compiled well earlier ? & can you run the servers without any issues now ?

btw, you may try a fresh copy of mingw or you may need to tweak around

Re: Problem compiling ManaServ ...

Posted: 11 Jun 2010, 17:07
by strikerbcb
when i use Codeblocks 8.02 bundled with mingw, i can compile the client, but not the gameserver. In 10.05 blundled with mingw i can compile and run both servers but i can't compile client anymore ...

I will try the latest version of mingw and codeblocks, but i think this is a problem with the coding because in early versions i can compile without problems both servers with the Codeblocks 8.02 bundled with mingw ...