Mac Development?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
joel
Peon
Peon

Mac Development?

Post by joel »

I'm just curious, is there any plans to make 0.0.17 actually work on a mac? Everything runs great until i try to attack something, in which case Mix_VolumeChunk in SDL_mixer crashes and takes out the program. I love this game and have been playing 0.0.16, but it looks like I'll have to stay at that version. Does anyone have a working CVS build or something that they would be willing to send me?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Is it possible that the 2 versions were compiled with different versions of SDL_mixer? If you take a look at the log you should find the SDL_mixer version used to link. Tell me more and we'll see what we can do.
joel
Peon
Peon

Post by joel »

Its version 1.2.5. I got the game to work by disabling sound, I don't know why that hadn't occured to me before. Are there any plans to make sound work correctly? I know it has been an issue before, and I'm wondering if anything has gotten better or changed.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

We lack mac developers and testers, so it's a bit hard to fix this issue, but again we will do our best.
joel
Peon
Peon

Post by joel »

I am a mac programmer, but im nervous about joining tmw development because of my lack of SDL knowledge and experience. Also, why does SDL have to be used to play sound on the mac? There are other tools for accomplishing the task that might work better for us mac users.
Catfish_Man
Novice
Novice

Post by Catfish_Man »

joel wrote:I am a mac programmer, but im nervous about joining tmw development because of my lack of SDL knowledge and experience. Also, why does SDL have to be used to play sound on the mac? There are other tools for accomplishing the task that might work better for us mac users.
Splitting the codebase based on platforms (i.e. using CoreAudio on the Mac) would result in more effort for the developers, and stagnation for whichever platform had the least testers and coders. Keeping it unified is probably a good idea.