Dropped item from inventory not showing up

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
thtl
Peon
Peon

Dropped item from inventory not showing up

Post by thtl »

I was trying to give a pearl to another player by dropping it for him to pick up. However the pearl did not show up. Subsequent tests with a cake and 6 pearls have the same result - items are not showing up at all but deleted from my inventory. I really want my pearls back. Please help.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Dropped item from inventory not showing up

Post by Crush »

I just dropped a pearl and other items and they appeared as normal. Please provide more information:

-Your client version
-Location where this happened
-Server you are playing on when not the normal server.themanaworld.org

Are you sure noone else picked up the items you dropped? Please try to reproduce the problem when no other characters are around.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
thtl
Peon
Peon

Post by thtl »

Thank you for your response. I'm using Windows client 0.0.29.1; server is server.themanaworld.org. This happened in the sandy area in West Tulimshar. I'm pretty sure the stuff I dropped ended up in limbo.

I am no longer able to login - the system thinks my password is incorrect.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The map you mentioned has monsters which pick up items laying on the ground (sea slimes). Is it possible that one of them picked up your items?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
thtl
Peon
Peon

Post by thtl »

That would be Sea Slimes but I'm quite sure there was none nearby when I dropped the items.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

You can't drop items in towns. Older clients may remove the item from the inventory, even when it isn't dropped. Changing maps will restore it, if it isn't completely gone.
thtl
Peon
Peon

Post by thtl »

Thanks for the info. However I was not in town, and the client I used is the latest.