Server - magic not working ... ?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Server - magic not working ... ?

Post by chaslinux »

Hey all, magic on my server doesn't seem to be working. After getting magic from the mana seed (drinking the potion and touching it again) I talk to Elanore and when she tells me the spell, in place of the name is ...

Did I miss something when I did the setup or have I accidentally somehow disabled Magic?

Thanks,
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Re: Server - magic not working ... ?

Post by chaslinux »

So I ran the build-magic script in the /conf folder of eathena-data and I reloaded the server. I already consulted Elanore, but when I type #lum playername I don't seem to heal them, it just shows as talk? What have I left off?
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

You may customise spell invocations in spells-build. When running build-magic, the script should have informed you that you would need to update spell invocations and/or teleport anchors.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

Freeyorp101 wrote:You may customise spell invocations in spells-build. When running build-magic, the script should have informed you that you would need to update spell invocations and/or teleport anchors.---Freeyorp
Sorry for the ignorance. I see the file is in the format:

Code: Select all

's/"#G01"/"#G01"/;'\
's/"#G02"/"#G02"/;'\
So these two would be something like?

Code: Select all

's/"#itenplz"/"#itenplz"/;'\
's/"#miteyo"/"#miteyo"/;'\
I take it that the list should be directly substituted for here:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Magic_Spells%20
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

chaslinux wrote:I take it that the list should be directly substituted for here:
In the conf directory I found the magic.conf directory, so I can see there's a #G01, #G02, etc. I noticed it doesn't seem to line up with the spells as ordered in the list above. It makes me curious as to why the build-spells wouldn't just be set to what's on the main server and why it doesn't get run when the system is compiled? It also makes me wonder what else I might have missed.

Thanks again for all the help, it's a really interesting experience!

Still wondering about the order of the file? Tried putting #abizit in place of the first #G01 and rebuilding, build-spells, then restarting the server, but the command still seems to be #G01. It doesn't also have to be edited in magic.conf does it?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

chaslinux wrote:
chaslinux wrote:I take it that the list should be directly substituted for here:
In the conf directory I found the magic.conf directory, so I can see there's a #G01, #G02, etc. I noticed it doesn't seem to line up with the spells as ordered in the list above. It makes me curious as to why the build-spells wouldn't just be set to what's on the main server and why it doesn't get run when the system is compiled? It also makes me wonder what else I might have missed.

Thanks again for all the help, it's a really interesting experience!

Still wondering about the order of the file? Tried putting #abizit in place of the first #G01 and rebuilding, build-spells, then restarting the server, but the command still seems to be #G01. It doesn't also have to be edited in magic.conf does it?
Change the second one.

We do this to avoid spoilers with new spells, etc.