tmw client

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
natsuki3
Novice
Novice

tmw client

Post by natsuki3 »

why i cant use the 0.29.1 client on windows 7
Its blue like the sea.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: tmw client

Post by Crush »

.29.1 runs fine on my windows 7 system. When you want help please describe exactly what's wrong.

Moved to windows support.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
thtl
Peon
Peon

Post by thtl »

PMFJI. I also have problems running TMW client on Win7 Home. The contents, including text and input boxes, are all messed up, while the frame is clearly legible. I am able to login in by trying to put the cursor in locations where I know should be the input box for username and password. However if I try to go to setup the screen is so messed up it doesn't even let me choose attributes such as screen resolution.

Any suggestions?
Alons
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alons »

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, since it's not only on windows users.

The 0.29.1. client is broken for GMs. You can log in but it crashes due to the send/receive packets on IP's info.

Regards.
And remember: you play a game to have fun!
Alons, GM of TMW.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Sounds like an OpenGL issue. Try with OpenGL disabled (tmw --disable-opengl).
Alons wrote:Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, since it's not only on windows users.

The 0.29.1. client is broken for GMs. You can log in but it crashes due to the send/receive packets on IP's info.

Regards.
That is different. And only affects GMs (account level 60+).
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

thtl wrote:PMFJI. I also have problems running TMW client on Win7 Home. The contents, including text and input boxes, are all messed up, while the frame is clearly legible. I am able to login in by trying to put the cursor in locations where I know should be the input box for username and password. However if I try to go to setup the screen is so messed up it doesn't even let me choose attributes such as screen resolution.

Any suggestions?
This problem usually occurs when you run tmw in opengl mode and don't have directX and/or proper drivers for your video card installed.

Install directX from the microsoft homepage and the most recent drivers provided by the chipset manufacturer of your video card (usually ati, nvidia or intel) and it should work.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.