Where to start?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
renatov
Newly Registered User

Where to start?

Post by renatov »

Hello everybody, first of all congratulations for the project! Mana world is amazing :D

I created an account, talked to some NPC and now I'm just wondering around and trying to kill some scorpions. But, what now? I'm completly lost and I have no idea what to do. I would like to be a wizard, complete some quests, explore new maps and that kind of stuff, but I don't know what to do. Is there some "Begginers tutorial"? Could someone give me a hand?

Thanx!
And as I lay there gazing at the sky
My body's numb and my throat is dry
And as I lay forgotten and alone
Without a tear I draw my parting groan.
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Where to start?

Post by Dark_Mag »

renatov wrote:Hello everybody, first of all congratulations for the project! Mana world is amazing :D
hello renatov :)
renatov wrote:I created an account, talked to some NPC and now I'm just wondering around and trying to kill some scorpions. But, what now? I'm completly lost and I have no idea what to do. I would like to be a wizard, complete some quests, explore new maps and that kind of stuff, but I don't know what to do. Is there some "Begginers tutorial"? Could someone give me a hand?
i think wiki can help you, here its link: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... ugh/Quests
i hope it will help you a bit
renatov wrote:Thanx!
np

cheers, dark
renatov
Newly Registered User

Post by renatov »

Hi Dark_Mag, thanx for your reply! I'm reading some wiki stuff as you suggested and it is really helpful. I'm following the walkthrough now and I'm almost lvl 20 :D
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Hello and welcome in The Mana World!
As Dark_Mage said, use wiki. If you have any questions, any suggestions or anything else, feel free to write here or to send me a private message. I will be very pleased to help you in any way.

Best regards,
Ali-G
renatov
Newly Registered User

Post by renatov »

I've played for some days and I have a suggestion for the game. I noticed that there is no way to reset skill points. So, it would be nice to implement some quest or item to reset these skills, so we could correct mistakes with the skill points distribution.

I've made some poor choices with the skill distribution and now I'm doomed :(
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

renatov wrote:I've played for some days and I have a suggestion for the game. I noticed that there is no way to reset skill points. So, it would be nice to implement some quest or item to reset these skills, so we could correct mistakes with the skill points distribution.

I've made some poor choices with the skill distribution and now I'm doomed :(
I've chosen to use skill points in ways I later regretted. It's not hard to get more. You can get enough skill points to reach level 9 in everything you've learned, plus one more point. Here's a tip: kill spiders.

Because skill points are not a scarce resource, why would it be necessary to reset them? And how are you doomed?

P.S. I've found good uses for each of the skills in the game except Brawling. You might later come back to that skill you now think was a mistake.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
renatov
Newly Registered User

Post by renatov »

Hey Frost, thank you for all your explanations and ingame help!

I said I was "doomed" because for a moment I thought skills were like stats, that you can't get all to maximum. But since we can, and it's very good we can, then all I have to do now is to spend some days raising job experience to get some extra skill points :D

Oh, when you said:

You can get enough skill points to reach level 9 in everything you've learned, plus one more point.

Was this only an expression, or can we get 1 more point when we get to lvl 9 in all skill?
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

renatov wrote:when you said:
You can get enough skill points to reach level 9 in everything you've learned, plus one more point.
Was this only an expression, or can we get 1 more point when we get to lvl 9 in all skill?
You really do get one "extra" point. I have no idea why. :)

It's great to see you around the game. I'm glad you decided to stay.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown