Manaclient random glitch on death

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Manaclient random glitch on death

Post by nmaligec »

I don't have a clue how/why this happened but after dying and respawing, a line of 'warp' particles appeared beside my char and kept following beside the character. When I tried to change maps the client crashed and completely quit.

I am using the 20110430 nightly build of the client and tmwAthena. Nothing was logged to the servers except a normal log out from the client.
Attachments
random particles showed up beside my character!
random particles showed up beside my character!
glitch20110430.png (55.75 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Manaclient random glitch on death

Post by Bertram »

Hi nmaligec,

Did it only happen once? Or more often?

You were playing on the mana world server, right?

Best regards.
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

It was on a local test server. It only happened once, and I die a lot in testing so it seems to be a rare bug.

I have no clue how to reproduce it, and now that I think of it it could even be something server side that sent a messed up packet to the client. The thing is that the servers were fine (I forgot to try to relog with a new client before closing the servers though...). It was only the client that terminated, so I just assumed it was a client bug.

The fact that it crashed the client was the only reason I brought it up. It seemed kinda serious because of that.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

nmaligec wrote:It was on a local test server. It only happened once, and I die a lot in testing so it seems to be a rare bug.

I have no clue how to reproduce it, and now that I think of it it could even be something server side that sent a messed up packet to the client. The thing is that the servers were fine (I forgot to try to relog with a new client before closing the servers though...). It was only the client that terminated, so I just assumed it was a client bug.

The fact that it crashed the client was the only reason I brought it up. It seemed kinda serious because of that.
If you could run the client in a debugger and get a backtrace, that would really help.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Jaxad is right.

Without running the client with gdb and providing a back trace,

I fear we won't be able to catch it right. Thanks for pointing out, though. We never know,
this may be useful in the future.

Best regards.