Graphics error on my server

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Graphics error on my server

Post by Anonymous!!! »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but my tmwserver theotheroworlds.dyndns.org has encountered a huge problem.
No item images are loading and the player is invisible, here is a screenshot:
As you can see all items are unknown items and the player sprite is missing (Had to reduce filesize)
As you can see all items are unknown items and the player sprite is missing (Had to reduce filesize)
ManaPlus_Screenshot_4_Smaller.png (220.43 KiB) Viewed 1564 times
Also a player on the server called FancyJack was hacking it somehow... might be something he did...

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it? :(
-Nahem - My Characters in use are:
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Are you up for a CHALLENGE? Yes!
Project Hurnscald
I'm currently attempting to develop an Event Arena and I'm looking for ideas!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Graphics error on my server

Post by Crush »

Anonymous!!! wrote: No item images are loading and the player is invisible, here is a screenshot:
ManaPlus_Screenshot_4_Smaller.png
It seems like there is a problem with your items.xml. This is a client-sided file which is delivered by the update server.

Please check your clients logfile. There should be a corresponding error message.
Also a player on the server called FancyJack was hacking it somehow... might be something he did...
Please define "hacking it somehow".

What did he do and what do you think has he compromised?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Post by Anonymous!!! »

He managed to bypass a ban and he was able to kick admins.
He also managed to obtain a golden warlordplate and crown.
I'll check the client's log but I was thinking it could also be a problem with my updates host...
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Project Hurnscald
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Anonymous!!! wrote:He managed to bypass a ban and he was able to kick admins.
He also managed to obtain a golden warlordplate and crown.
I'll check the client's log but I was thinking it could also be a problem with my updates host...
Sounds like someone unauthorized got the password of a GM account. This doesn't give access to the update server.

But it is of course not impossible that a person got the GM access through a much more wide-reaching security vulnerability of your systems. But without knowing any details about your setup my guess is as good as yours.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Post by Anonymous!!! »

Well... It's the updates host thats the problem... I released my first update with only the data I wanted to add contained and this has happened... I released a new one with everything in it... still going on... remove both of the updates... still not working... Anyone have any ideas?

And about the guy that was hacking... he managed to get into the database, he altered the accounts file as well... he is also spamming up the server somehow so badly it crashes.

Also the GM logs recorded no action from his account.
His username was 9894 and I recently found there were about 8 accounts called stuff like 11094 and that... I suspect they are some people I found begging for rares on the server who said they don't play on any other servers...
I warped their chars to botcheck and refused to let them back unless they told me their usernames because they were acting suspicious... they started swearing at me in other languages (Lucky solarwind could translate some of the stuff for me :P)
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Project Hurnscald