[Solved] Problem with new install in Ubuntu 11.04.. no chat

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
zman7
Newly Registered User

[Solved] Problem with new install in Ubuntu 11.04.. no chat

Post by zman7 »

Hello,

Last night I installed TMW from the Ubuntu Software Center. At first everything seemed to be working just fine. Today however I logged in and started playing only to realize the certain things, mainly the Chat window and Shortcut window will not open. I've tried rebooting the PC, running the game in Unity and in Gnome 3, reinstalling the deb package downloaded right from the TMW site and nothing seems to make a difference.

When I log in at first at the top left it says "v0.0.29.1(eAthena)" but in the news window it says current version is 0.5.2... could this be the problem? If so, how do I update it? It appears to update itself.

Thanks for any assistance.

Kurt
zman7
Newly Registered User

Re: [Solved] Problem with new install in Ubuntu 11.04.. no c

Post by zman7 »

OK, so it seems to be an issue with screen resolution. My PC screen is set to 1440x900, and the game was at 1366x768, even in full screen mode the Chat and Shortcuts menu wouldn't appear. (probably statically set to absolute bottom left for chat and absolute right edge for Shortcuts)

I set the screen res to 1440x900 and run in full screen mode and all is well.

Kurt
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

zman7,

I see you marked this as solved, but something that may have helped you would be to click the 'setup' button in the top-right corner of the main window, click the 'video' tab, then click the 'reset windows' button, then click the 'apply' button.
Attachments
setup->video->reset windows->apply
setup->video->reset windows->apply
Untitled.png (86.42 KiB) Viewed 2092 times
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

bigglesworth wrote:zman7,

I see you marked this as solved, but something that may have helped you would be to click the 'setup' button in the top-right corner of the main window, click the 'video' tab, then click the 'reset windows' button, then click the 'apply' button.
To clarify, that puts all windows to their default sizes and positions, which makes them all completely visible under 800x600.
zman7
Newly Registered User

Post by zman7 »

bigglesworth wrote:zman7,

Thanks! That's actually how I figured the resolution was the problem. Not sure why it opened in a different setting the second day, I hadn't messed with the video settings at all, but either way it's fixed. Thanks for the input, it might help the next person this happens to find the resolution a little quicker.

zman7