Blocking passage

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I agree with Knivey. Ghosts are undead things... characters should just start doing idling actions, like sleeping.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
knivey
Novice
Novice

sry if this is off topic :x

Post by knivey »

Although it would still be cool to use ghosts where appropriate but it would be annoying to have a ghost asking players to ressurect him/her. Make it so ghosts can't talk or possibly only players with a certain skill could communicate with them. John Edwards anyone?

Who wants to play as a ghost anyway lol
All your base are belong to us.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I think the way it is planned a player can only be ressurected when he is still a corpse. After a while he becomes a ghost. Then he can walk around to a shrine or choose to respawn, he cannot be resurected by players.

I think that was the idea.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Kineticstorm
Novice
Novice

Post by Kineticstorm »

What if a person blocking a path is not idle and moves out of place then into place real fast when no one is around so he doesn't go idle. There are griefers who will purposly sit there blocking a path while actually watching his character and making sure that he doesn't go idle (so people could walk through him).

I think a good solution would be PvP and/or jumping. I like the jumping idea better because PvP would have consequences if the griefer is way stronger than you...

We could also maybe add a spell that lets your character fly/hover over certain obstacles (like players, water, and rocks). Or an item that you drink/use/equip that gives you wings to fly/hover over things. Or some kind of flying pet (like a dragon named flammie :wink: ) that you can ride to fly over/to places.

But I think jumping would be fun. 8)
EDIT: What if we just make it possible to walk through players like someone previously posted?

BTW, Modanung check PMs
I love you too. :)