HELP! Chat won't work

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
granny
Newly Registered User

HELP! Chat won't work

Post by granny »

Hi there. I apologize if this is a redundant topic, but I can't find the solution on the forum. I have Mana Client 0.5.2 and ManaPlus 1.1.7.10 on my new (I have had the machine for a little more than a month) hp that runs Windows 7. When I load either client, I have the chat window pop open, but when I hit "enter" or "t" or any key on the board, I don't get the option to enter text. The only way I can chat is by right-clicking on a character and clicking on 'add name to chat'. I used these versions on my thinkpad and both worked fine for chatting. I have reloaded and updated and cannot think of anything else to do. Thanks in advance!
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Re: HELP! Chat won't work

Post by Kage »

check your keyboard settings, I believe the open chat option is changeable. Maybe it got changed.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
granny
Newly Registered User

Post by granny »

Thanks, but....I can't seem to find that option? I have looked under settings and all its sub-headers. Is there another place I might check?
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

granny wrote:Thanks, but....I can't seem to find that option? I have looked under settings and all its sub-headers. Is there another place I might check?
The option is called toggle chat.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
granny
Newly Registered User

Post by granny »

I see 'toggle chat' as an option under the settings, but it indicates I can hit 'return' and I will be able to chat. That hasn't worked for me, though. AHA!!!!!!!!!!! My new laptop labels that key 'enter', so I reset it, and now it works! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O)