Items disappeared from inventory!!!

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Items disappeared from inventory!!!

Post by Jael RD »

I lose my hitchhikers towel from my inventory and Alukard player too, before i went to sleep all was fine, as you know i almost dont sleep so i let my char in the storage in AFK mode when i woke up my towel was gone, i had change the map, log off and log in again, but my towel is gone, any one knows whats happening? (is not undyed it dissapeared)
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Items disappeared from inventory!!!

Post by o11c »

We're not too inclined. There are no known exploits that allow remotely taking over the client; the most likely thing is someone wandering past your physical machine and messing with stuff.

Although there are some rare circumstances in which the server can lose or duplicate items (e.g. trading right before the server crashes), this is not one of them.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

o11c wrote:We're not too inclined. There are no known exploits that allow remotely taking over the client; the most likely thing is someone wandering past your physical machine and messing with stuff.

Although there are some rare circumstances in which the server can lose or duplicate items (e.g. trading right before the server crashes), this is not one of them.

I know no one touch my machine cuz i went to sleep about 2 AM and i woke up 5 hours later with the item missed, i only know two others players with the same problem,, the bad is that i need to break my back trading to get another one. :(, thnkx for the answer o11c, If you or someone else has another idea I will thank you greatly.
Villain
Novice
Novice

Post by Villain »

You had your shop running while you were sleeping, maybe you sold it.
RIP Frost, Big Crunch, Mistakes, mrgrey, and MrWho
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

Oh... A friend mine got a Orange instead a Towel when blanked it!
Like at 02:00 am hours (local time [-4:30])
The Mana World - Comunidad Hispanohablante

"When we die, we go to the same place: Soul Menhir"nelson6e65
Edit: Well... Not anymore. u.u

nelson6e65: Image
Edward Elric: Image
Edward Elric (Hagane): Image
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Moved from Off Topic to General Support

Note that in order to fix a bug, a programmer needs an exact way to reproduce the circumstances which lead to it. "I had Item X and later I hadn't had it anymore" isn't enough information to pinpoint an issue. On the other hand "when you do X and Y while W and Z, and then you take a towel our of storage, you always get an orange instead" would be a bug description a programmer can actually use.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

[21:10:53] <Yubaba> can you sing later
[21:10:55] <Yubaba> ?????
[21:10:56] <Yubaba> XD
[21:11:06] -*- irukard is looking for song to sing
[21:11:21] <irukard> Yubaba: rather not.
[21:11:31] <irukard> the day was long, and I got only one beer
[21:11:49] <irukard> I will go sleep as soon as I finish this one
[21:11:57] <irukard> I got nothing better to do
[21:12:17] <Nard_> Hello :/
[21:13:07] <Nard_> Has anybody heard about a problem with hitchhiker's towels?
[21:13:35] <cody> No, you have to tell it.
[21:13:54] <irukard> now I sing APC :)
[21:14:17] <Nard_> My orange one has just been replaced by an orange after I used it to warp to GY
[21:14:35] <irukard> Nard_: to be honest, you posted your problem on forums
[21:15:08] <irukard> but here no one really cares, wait for official statement on forums
[21:15:17] <Nard_> I did not, do you mean I have to?
[21:15:17] <Lizandra> your towel was replaced by an orange?
[21:15:27] <Nard_> yes
[21:15:29] <irukard> we are developers not towels searchers
[21:15:30] <Yubaba> irukard can you sing on saturday? xD
[21:15:33] <Lizandra> LOL
[21:15:45] <Lizandra> sing while you explain texturing
[21:15:49] <Yubaba> yes
[21:15:50] <Nard_> You are stupid irurkard
[21:15:55] <cody> irukard: On the forum was something about an orange lollipop.
[21:16:01] <irukard> Nard_: yes, maybe
[21:16:02] <Yubaba> Nard please dont call irukard stupid
[21:16:09] <irukard> Nard_: there is such option
[21:16:15] <Nard_> yes i do and repeat
[21:16:20] <Yubaba> no
[21:16:21] <irukard> Nard_: but that does not mean that I care
[21:16:22] <Yubaba> you dont
[21:16:45] <irukard> Yubaba: I do not need defender
[21:17:06] -*- Yubaba is disturbed
[21:17:07] <Yubaba> xD
[21:17:11] <irukard> Yubaba: someone who devoted 6 years of his live to develop a free game must me stupid or crazy
[21:17:12] <Nard_> I would never post something here to troll
[21:17:25] <Nard_> and neither in forum
[21:17:56] <irukard> Actually it's more than 6 years XD
[21:18:13] <Nard_> now if you don't think I'm serious wait for other complaints
[21:18:53] <irukard> Nard_: I really do not care about sinking boat called eAthena server
[21:19:02] <irukard> I never did
[21:19:22] <Nard_> then what are you doing here?
[21:19:43] <irukard> developing content for CR1 purpose
[21:19:59] <BigCrunch> irukard, nard whether or not one of you is stupid or not is for the main channel not the dev channel
[21:20:01] <irukard> designing decent skill system
[21:20:23] <BigCrunch> and if the item is being changed to another item then it is a problem
[21:20:33] <irukard> BigCrunch: indeed
[21:20:56] <irukard> Nard_ should inform server admins about this accident not devs
[21:21:02] <Nard_> Mr BC I came here to report a bug, not to be laughed at
[21:21:21] <BigCrunch> nard, there is a post on the forums pertaining to oddness regarding Hitchhiker's Towels
[21:21:25] <irukard> Nard_: bug reporting system is Mantis
[21:21:49] <BigCrunch> I would recommend you post on the forum first, then report the bug via Mantis
[21:21:58] <irukard> Nard_: if you want to help us resolve problem please post a solution
[21:22:48] <Nard_> one person says to report on mantis , the second says to report here, the thitd on forum, whom am I supposed to believe?
[21:22:55] <BigCrunch> me
[21:23:04] <BigCrunch> i recommend the forum and mantis
[21:23:16] <BigCrunch> for maximum potential resolution
[21:23:29] <Nard_> or Jen, or Freeyorp, or o11c,
[21:23:34] <Nard_> ????
[21:23:48] <PjotrOrial> just highlight those and put it here
[21:24:26] <BigCrunch> ignore irukard he needs more triticale in his diet he's grumpy
[21:24:52] <irukard> XD
[21:25:03] <BigCrunch> :P
[21:27:53] <irukard> BigCrunch: join us
[21:28:01] <irukard> Meway is here
[21:28:14] <irukard> I need your help
[21:28:18] <Nard_> <irukard> Nard_: if you want to help us resolve problem please post a solution : when I hear that it does not gives me any will to work with you. go on not taking care
[21:28:41] <Nard_> you are on the good way
[21:30:57] <irukard> yea I know
[21:32:56] <BigCrunch> iru i cant
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

WTF¿¿??? What T. Fake??? is real i got one orange in my invetory and the others players too my towel is an orange now!!!!!!
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

exact conditions :
initial state south east of hunrscald south gate
use orange hitchikers towel in inventory
( warped to GY)
orange hitchikers towel is now an Orange

I will try on test server if the same happens.
I will report in that thread and Mantis too

Client used Manaplus 1.1.10.30

due to politeness and respect of some developers I am not sure I will report anything again. :(
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

cody wrote:There is a bug in the script. It gives back an Orange instead of an OrangeHitchhikersTowel.

Do not use the orange towel until this is fixed!
any idea is we gonna get back our towel? Me, Alukard, and Ferskelletor got the same problem.
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

Sounds like the random improbability drive is working just fine....goes to pixel bowl of petunias and a whale!
towels randomly changing shape is douglas adams all the way.

So was this a funny hahaha in the script? This quest repeats in May every year also...don't bankrupt yourself.
seems more like a feature than a bug though...all towels have a random chance of changing....would revitalize the yearly quest!
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

A fix for Orange Hitchhiker's Towel disappearing has been pushed to the testing repository and will be included in the next server update.

As for replacing lost towels ... to my knowledge, there is no way to verify whether you actually lost your towel, or if you're lying and just want a free orange warp towel.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

o11c wrote:A fix for Orange Hitchhiker's Towel disappearing has been pushed to the testing repository and will be included in the next server update.

As for replacing lost towels ... to my knowledge, there is no way to verify whether you actually lost your towel, or if you're lying and just want a free orange warp towel.
I am not a fortune teller to know that the server had that problem with towels, if I was the first to talk about it the logical to think is that was because it happened to me, not because I wanted a free towel. right now only 4 players report the problem, Jael_RD, AlukarD, Ferskelletor, and Nard.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote: there is no way to verify whether you actually lost your towel, or if you're lying and just want a free orange warp towel.
As usual players who report bug may be liars. maybe there was no bug and you made no fix too.
Jael RD wrote: right now only 4 players report the problem, [...]
nelson6e65's friend ?
Nami told me he knew somebody too (?)
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

This bug has been fixed on the test server. Please do not use your orange towels on the main server or you will lose them. As soon as this is pushed to the main server i announce it
Last edited by Big Crunch on 09 Nov 2011, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.
sexy red bearded GM