mysql.h missing

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Chrno
Newly Registered User

mysql.h missing

Post by Chrno »

Hi guys!

This problem is driving me crazy!

I've searched a lot but i can't find the solution! I've tried too download the lib from mysqls's site, but doesn't work!

Please help me!

PS: Windows 7 Compilation
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: mysql.h missing

Post by Bertram »

Hi chrno,

Thanks for trying out manaserv.

Compiling on windows isn't always easy. i guess you'll need the includes, lib and dll files for compiling using mysql on windows, as they're not provided AFAIK by Crush.

They can be found there:
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/#downloads

You'll probably need the following files: (lib)mysql.dll, .a, and the headers, and add them to the project searching directories.

Note that compiling against sqlite is a bit easier.

Good luck.
Chrno
Newly Registered User

Post by Chrno »

Bertram wrote:Note that compiling against sqlite is a bit easier.
I noticed that SQLite it's more easy... But i think MySQL is more powerful than SQLite.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Chrno wrote:I noticed that SQLite it's more easy... But i think MySQL is more powerful than SQLite.
In a sense. If SQLite is a family car, MySQL is a dumptruck. It has a lot more hauling capacity, but it costs a lot more to operate and you have to park it somewhere.

In other words, MySQL requires more resources than SQLite until you have enough user accounts to put strain on SQLite. I don't know what that tipping point is, but it's probably well over several hundred accounts.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Chrno
Newly Registered User

Post by Chrno »

Ok! Moderators can close this topic now! I compiled the manaserv with mysql for linux, and the server is running well.

Thanks everyone for the help!