Code: Select all
I've seen a few posts requesting support because they can't get the source compiled with MySQL Support due to the lack of documentation regarding this subject and since I cannot edit the manasource docs, I decided to post it here. Reference: http://doc.manasource.org/compile_manaserv_from_source
What you need
Code::Blocks with MinGW: http://www.codeblocks.org/
The newest library pack for Windows: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5356
Git for Windows: http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downlo ... ficial+Git
MySQL Community Server: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/#downloads
1. Install Code::Blocks with MinGW, Git for Windows and MySQL Community Server.
2. Download the library pack and unzip its contents into the MinGW directory of your Code::Blocks installation.
3. Create a directory for your manaserv installation.
4. Right-click the directory created and select "Git Bash Here"
5. Enter the following command to obtain the source files: git clone git://github.com/mana/manaserv.git manaserv
6. Navigate to the MySQL Community Server directory and copy the folders "include & lib" and paste them inside the manaserv folder created in step 5.
7. Open "manaserv" directory, click "include" and copy "mysql.h". Paste inside the folder "mysql".
8. Open "accountserver.cbp" and on Build target select "Windows (MySQL Support)".
9. Select Project > Build Options... Then click on "Windows (MySQL Support)", following by "Linker settings".
10. Under Link libraries press "Add", click "Browse..." and navigate to manaserver > lib and select "libmysql.lib", press "Open", then "Yes", and "Ok" "Ok".
11. Press the Build Icon or Right click ManaServ Accountserver and select Build.
You can now build both accountserver.cbp and gameserver.cbp | Good Luck!