bugs? these things bother me

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
bogus
Newly Registered User

bugs? these things bother me

Post by bogus »

These things bother me:
1 players blip around the screen in an unnatural manor
2 the selection of weapons and armor is so limited
3 things that drop off kills are sometimes invisable for awhile
4 can't see if other players are hurt
5 can't click somewhere to leave a room I entered without needing to walk further into the room before I can walk back out the way I came
6 when I start hitting a monster it blips to another position
(sometimes on the other side of me or so far i can't hit it anymore!)
7 ghost mosters where you walk up and hit them repeatedy for 20 seconds and
you never land a hit and they vanish
8 you can't pick up something you are standing on
9 you can't pick up something a monster is standing on
10 the entire window is not on the viewable part of the screen when the game starts
11 long long grinds
12 leveling sharply drops off
13 only 2 levels of magic

There is much more but that's a good start. I hope these things get resolved. I like your basic game :)
*>* Professor Farnsworth: You can't just waltz into the Central Bureaucracy. It's a tangled web of red tape and regulations. I've never been, but a friend of mine went completely mad trying to find the washroom there.
Leela: Then we'll need a guide, someone who's been there before.
Professor Farnsworth: Oh, I've been there. Lots of times.
[laughs maniacally]
*>*
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: bugs? these things bother me

Post by Frost »

alanamorphus wrote:These things bother me:
1 players blip around the screen in an unnatural manor
Caused by lag. Other players don't wait for your screen to update before they move.
2 the selection of weapons and armor is so limited
Absolutely. Unfortunately, we don't have a real model for game balance, and past experience has shown that new weapons and armor have the ability to e.g. make archers the Super Class. It's difficult to add new gear without a model to reference.
3 things that drop off kills are sometimes invisable for awhile
I've found that myself, though at least 0.5 makes it more obvious than 0.29.1. The manaplus client makes them more visible.
4 can't see if other players are hurt
That information isn't communicated to other clients. Manaplus hacks this in by tracking hits that are visible on screen.
5 can't click somewhere to leave a room I entered without needing to walk further into the room
I know what you mean. It's annoying, but is caused by the fact that room changes ("warps") are triggered by moving onto a space, not by moving from a space. In other words, you warp by walking up to a doorway, not by pressing an arrow to enter it.
6 when I start hitting a monster it blips to another position (sometimes on the other side of me or so far i can't hit it anymore!)
7 ghost mosters where you walk up and hit them repeatedy for 20 seconds and you never land a hit and they vanish
That sounds like lag again. Because other players are also potentially on the same screen, monsters don't wait for you to receive their position info before moving. Normally these asynchronous position updates don't cause monsters or characters to teleport around, but it can happen if you're getting a lot of lag.
8 you can't pick up something you are standing on
Maybe someone else did more to kill the monster, thus "earning" the drop instead of you. Wait half a minute for the drop-stealing protection to expire and try again. Manaplus makes this more visible.
10 the entire window is not on the viewable part of the screen when the game starts
Maps are always centered on your character. This can lead to strange views where the map covers only part of your screen and extends off of it. I too found this odd at first, but soon became used to it. Personally, I think it makes more sense to have a field of view centered on your character position rather than on some arbitrary point where you might, for example, not notice a huge monster walk right up to you because that square is off the screen.
11 long long grinds
12 leveling sharply drops off
Yes. Content developers are working hard to add new quests that emphasize problem solving and storyline more than grinding. Let's see what the Christmas-time quest has.
13 only 2 levels of magic
Yes. As with gear, it's difficult to add new spells or magic abilities without disrupting the balance of the game.
There is much more but that's a good start. I hope these things get resolved. I like your basic game :)
Welcome! :)
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Re: bugs? these things bother me

Post by Derpella »

alanamorphus wrote:These things bother me:
5 can't click somewhere to leave a room I entered without needing to walk further into the room before I can walk back out the way I came
Using mouse isn't the best idea... It's only good if you're a healer with manaplus. Just walk with arrows and pickup with "z".
I'm Image too much.