More server issues

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
MisterB
Peon
Peon

More server issues

Post by MisterB »

I had just solved most of my issues on my previous server when the motherboard died. Lacking a better solution I built the server again but this time on a virtual machine on a Windows 7 box. The virtual machine uses VirtualBox and is Linux Mint 12 64 bit. Everything seems to be working fine, but everybody, except one friend running Linux Mint on his computer and the computers in my home network, cannot completely connect to the server. Other people have been able to create user accounts but when choosing a character the following error occurs. "Error in SDLNet_TCP_Send(): Server sockets cannot send"

I wonder if it is related to 1) the use of a Linux Mint 64bit OS, 2) something with my virtual machines settings, 3) something missing in one of the server config files, 4) some missing or wrong version of a dependency or library that eAthena uses, or 5) something else. Of course it could be that I am an idiot and inexperienced which would be true.

Each time I set up a server I seem to get a little better, but I am getting tired of redoing stuff. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. I have scoured the forums and wiki docs without finding the specific help I need to fix this problem.

Thanks