Was my account deleted from the gameserver?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
renatov
Newly Registered User

Was my account deleted from the gameserver?

Post by renatov »

Hello guys, could someone confirm if my account has been deleted? My username is renatov and there had been a while that I didn't connect to the game.

Thanks,
Renato
And as I lay there gazing at the sky
My body's numb and my throat is dry
And as I lay forgotten and alone
Without a tear I draw my parting groan.
renatov
Newly Registered User

Re: Was my account deleted from the gameserver?

Post by renatov »

Well, I recreated my account renatov, but I'm back to lvl 1. How long does it take to the system delete my account, if I don't connect to it?
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

i checked and that account was not deleted in the purge, there was one called renatow that was!

When a purge happens, and it doesnt happen often, players that have not logged in in a year get purged.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
renatov
Newly Registered User

Post by renatov »

Thanks for your attention. Fortunately, I remembered that my login wasn't "renatov", although my char name was. I'm back with my old good char at lvl 60+, thank God it wasn't purged.

It's good to know that it takes 12 months without login for an account to be deleted. I won't let that happen, thanks for the information.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I think it would be a good Idea to mention in account creation page, in main web page and in Ian's Dialog, maybe in news dialog too, that purges occur almost every year.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Account creation should be enough. There is no reason to spam people with this information. Especially considered that most people who don't play for over a year usually don't care about their account anyway.

The purge is brought up everytime someone complains about being unable to log into their account, but in almost every case it turns out the user just forgot or misspelled their login name. Just like this time.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.