Mana 0.6.1 client

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Mana 0.6.1 client

Post by trapdoor »

I have a new build for people to test out.

http://mcclane.casualgamer.co.uk/tmw/mana-0.6.1-mac.dmg

This is built for Intel - OSX Snow Leopard and later.

Let me know if there are any issues.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Mana 0.6.1 client

Post by Frost »

Ooh wow. Thanks, trapdoor!

I tried it on my 10.6 MacBook, and it crashed when I picked up an item. I don't understand what the crash dump is trying to say, so I'll attach it for someone smarter to look at.
Attachments
mana-0.6.1-crash.txt.zip
(9.25 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

That is awesome ! It works perfectly even though, there still are these problems:
  • The yellow color problem.
  • The top of the screen, "mana" doesn't have a capital letter.
  • Pulsing color in setup doesn't work, for example when used for your own name. (Works only in TMW test server.)
Apart from these things, I must say: nice work !

Alige
Last edited by Alige on 21 May 2012, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Frost wrote:Ooh wow. Thanks, trapdoor!

I tried it on my 10.6 MacBook, and it crashed when I picked up an item. I don't understand what the crash dump is trying to say, so I'll attach it for someone smarter to look at.
I had the same problem, and another one as I was trading. (I am not able to reproduce the exact conditions t the moment).

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
seems to mean that you freezed and aborted process (?)

Thread queues inform about what was running before crash. first one (0, 1) is crash notification, I think.
Threads that involve mana (0, 2, 3 and 4) seem to involve SDL and core audio (SDLmixer ?).

I suspect an SDL library issue then. I would check for an incompatibility between audio systems first (turning sound off).

4144 experienced issues with 64 bits windows machines, it could be the same here too as you run a 64 bit native Xwindow. (SDL version issue ?)

I hope this can help.

Nard
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

I will look into the crash reports, unable to reproduce here, but I will see what I can do.
Socapex
Peon
Peon

Post by Socapex »

Hey there, I've also been working on a port. It would be great if someone could try building it. The instructions are here: https://github.com/Socapex/mana/wiki.

Trapdoor: First of all thank you, the work you have done helped me a lot. I have modified the project so it builds using cmake under OS X. I think its probably the best way to go since it is truly cross-platform (and what is supported by the project). I use the SDL_ttf.framework and SDL_net.framework (instead of the macports version). You will get an error when compiling if you don't add those to your frameworks (truetype.h IIRC). We should be able to make an OS X bundle using cmake, and even generate an Xcode project (this hasn't been working for me yet). I'm usually on the #mana channel if you want to discuss the OS X port.

Sorry for long post, have a good day :)
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Socapex wrote:Hey there, I've also been working on a port. It would be great if someone could try building it. The instructions are here: https://github.com/Socapex/mana/wiki.
I followed the instructions on a fresh install of OSX Lion, and got a working binary. (Run from the command line).
With patient help from Socapex on #mana, I even got it working on my regular Snow Leopard laptop!

1) Follow instructions on that web page.
2) If you use Snow Leopard, you don't have clang++. Simply omit the export CXX= line.
3) Buy Socapex a beer!

Note: this does not give you a clickable icon to start the game. The goal is still to have a proper Mac application. Until then, if you are comfortable following those instructions, you get the latest mana client. It's much nicer than even 0.5.0 from one year ago.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
ImNotPirate
Newly Registered User

Post by ImNotPirate »

Can you make a 4144 port too ?
It sucks when i have to use parallels everytime i want to play tmw :/

edit:
i have got mac os x mountain lion
zombies cant't swim...
better go get a boat
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

ImNotPirate wrote:Can you make a 4144 port too ?
Manaplus is different software than the mana client discussed here, so it would require a separate effort to make a Mac package of that. I suggest you ask further questions in http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8406.
It sucks when i have to use parallels everytime i want to play tmw
We hope to have a package for the mana client soon, so you don't need parallels! Meanwhile, you could try following the instructions from Socapex.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Socapex
Peon
Peon

Post by Socapex »

Frost wrote:
Socapex wrote: 3) Buy Socapex a beer!
You, good Sir Knight, give great and sound advice ;)

Concerning the package, I'm afraid it will have to wait a little bit. I am having some problems with Xcode. But feel free to bug me about it once in a while on IRC. From what I read about manaplus, it is a whole different software... They already have instructions for compiling on OS X, though I don't know if they work.
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

I have updated to Mountain Lion, so will be building a new version of the client.

I am also happy to build a ManaPlus for Mac client since its now officially supported.
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

Socapex already did ManaPlus builds i think :)
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Here are some links about ManaPlus for Mac OS X:
Forum Topic
Downloads
Compilation Process

@trapdoor: Feel free to talk to 4144 or Socapex, your help will be more than appreciated.

Best regards,
--Alige