Female archer hair bug

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Female archer hair bug

Post by Derpella »

This is an old bug. Female player can see her archer character's hair (and head equipment) slipping, like they were unsynced with her body. Other people can see it. It is reproducible on all platforms and client, but in different levels of intensity. Bigger the attack speed is, more intensive the effect is. Here are materials:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71151314/out.ogv <- it's only 2mb
I'm Image too much.
Kandiman
Novice
Novice

Re: Female archer hair bug

Post by Kandiman »

This was confirmed on the testing server. I was able to reproduce the effect with a male sprite as well using 99dex, 85agi, and a concentration potion. It appears that the character sprite animation during the bow attack has the head moving position slightly, while the hair sprite (regardless of style) remains in a static position. It is most clearly visible from the east and west side facing views, but can be seen from the north facing view as well.
Last edited by Kandiman on 26 May 2012, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

In both Mana 0.6.1 and Manaplus (some 6-month-old version), I noticed this from both left and right directions. Once I looked for it, I saw that when the char faces "south" towards the screen the hair moves as if the forehead is working furiously. Of course, what's really happening is the head is moving and the hair is not.

It doesn't happen every time, but often enough (testing as speed archer, just like Derpella and Kandiman) to observe it within a minute or two.

Thank you Derpella for reporting this. :)
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

So it happens with female and male? If so, it's just a hairstyle XML problem, no?

Is it possible to test it without the speed_thing?
If the problem is still here, it will means that the delay of the attack_bow on the hairstyle XML is wrong.
If the problem is not here, it will means that the speed_thing is not well working with the hairstyle delay, I wonder if it's then a client problem or a XML's one. If it's the last, I don't know how to correct it.

Edit: Does the hairstyle is the only thing which doesn't work? Does others equipments sprites got this problem as well?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

Many hairstyles, all eqipments I tested and without any.
I'm Image too much.
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

Derpella wrote:This is an old bug. Female player can see her archer character's hair (and head equipment) slipping, like they were unsynced with her body. Other people can see it. It is reproducible on all platforms and client, but in different levels of intensity. Bigger the attack speed is, more intensive the effect is. Here are materials:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71151314/out.ogv <- it's only 2mb
Reid wrote:So it happens with female and male? If so, it's just a hairstyle XML problem, no?

Is it possible to test it without the speed_thing?
If the problem is still here, it will means that the delay of the attack_bow on the hairstyle XML is wrong.
If the problem is not here, it will means that the speed_thing is not well working with the hairstyle delay, I wonder if it's then a client problem or a XML's one. If it's the last, I don't know how to correct it.

Edit: Does the hairstyle is the only thing which doesn't work? Does others equipments sprites got this problem as well?
I'm a female archer speed skill same for me when I use it, and if I take a concentration potion the head don't move
(Main Server).

Johanne :)
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.