Fedora 16: Game crashes in fullscreen, how to window?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
caisu
Newly Registered User

Fedora 16: Game crashes in fullscreen, how to window?

Post by caisu »

Hey everyone!

I should probably start by appologising for asking what feels like a newbie question, but I've looked on both wikis, searched the support forums and tinkered around myself trying to find an answer and so far have had no luck!

When I first installed TMW it appeared to work fine, but as soon as I clicked fullscreen in the setup options the game went to a white screen with random coloured pixels all over it and faded to pure white. I swapped to a CLI and killed the process but the screen was still white when I swapped back to the desktop so I had to swap back to the CLI to shutdown and restart.

So now I want to know, how do I change the game back to running in a window without being able to get into the in-game settings? I found this wiki post which appears to be the file I'm after, but is obviously out of date now as the directory does not exist on my system and the page was updated years ago! I can't find anything on the new wiki, 'tmw' doesn't exist as a command in Terminal for me, 'mana --help' doesn't mention a window command and the config file in '/home/USERNAME/.config/mana/manasource/config.xml' doesn't appear to have a window/fullscreen option either. I've also tried reinstalling the game, but the fullscreen setting stayed so that didn't help either.

System specs are:
Kernal: 3.3.7-1.fc16.i686
Mana World client version: v0.5.2
CPU: Intel Atom 1.6GHz
RAM: 1GB
Graphics: Intel Mobile (of some kind, I think. I'm not sure how to check in Fedora)

I'm very new to Linux in general, so please bare with me! Thanks in advance for your help!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Fedora 16: Game crashes in fullscreen, how to window?

Post by Crush »

Moved from General support to Linux/Unix support.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

The option is called just "screen".

If you upgrade to mana 0.6, you can resize the client, which means you can use the fullscreen option of your WM (usually something like alt-enter), which in my experience is much more reliable than the fullscreen option of the X11 server.

(if I had to guess, your problem is likely a graphics card problem, possibly OpenGL related)
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
caisu
Newly Registered User

Post by caisu »

Thank you! I was looking for a 'window' or 'fullscreen' option! :oops: Found it and got it working how it was before now!

How would I go about upgrading to v0.6? v0.5.2 is the one available via the Fedora repo and the link for the Fedora version on the main site points back to a page that tells you to install from the repo...
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

There is a opensuse build repository. See here: http://software.opensuse.org/download/p ... ckage=mana