LAN test true for login, false for map?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Kamen
Newly Registered User

LAN test true for login, false for map?

Post by Kamen »

I am trying to set up a server to let players connect from inside and outside of my LAN.
Connecting from the outside works perfectly. From inside, however, is another story. Heres a clip from the log when trying to connect from a machine on the LAN...

<snip>

Connection of the account 'Kamen' accepted.
LAN test (result): LAN source.
Account Logged On; Account ID: 2000000.
Character selection 'Kamen' (account: 2000000, slot: 0) [192.168.1.8]
--Send IP of map-server. LAN test (result): WAN source.
From queue index 2: recalling packet version 1

</snip>

And here we have my boggle. I do not understand how the 2 lan checks could be returning different results. I found nowhere in the conf files or guides to set subnet for map-server?
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Re: LAN test true for login, false for map?

Post by baseballboy »

If you have the server inside a lan inside a lan (i.e. LAN1->LAN2->tmw server) you need to forward the traffic to the LAN1 via IP tables or your web based UI. Because the traffic can be sent like LAN2->LAN1 but LAN1 can't send back try port forwarding LAN2 towards LAN1 basically.

-BBB
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Kamen
Newly Registered User

Post by Kamen »

I do not run a nested setup like you describe, which sounds like quite the headache to manage.
I do however have a VPN thrown into the mix, Hamachi. But the Hamachi side of things is the part that works.

The mana world server is set up on a single machine (windows 7) that has 2 IPs, one for the local network (192) and one for Hamachi. Hamachi acts as a virtual network interface. Effectively the machine is on 2 lans, both with their own IP and subnet. Likewise I have 2 server entries in the client to test with.

In my conf files I have it using my hamachi IP as my external address, and my LAN address and subnet in lan_support.conf. I have another machine that is also on both networks for testing purposes. Logging in using hamachi works great, both LAN checks return WAN. Disabling hamachi on the client machine and logging in on the lan gets the log above. This is the part that confuses me. The client connects and is seen as coming from the lan, given the lan character server, connects to it, chooses character then is suddenly seen as coming from wan. If I understand the server correctly this means it appeared to be coming from a subnet other than the one specified in lan_support.conf, which is not possible since it had no other network adapters active at the time!

All I can think of is I missed a setting somewhere for the subnet to check against for lan when connecting to the map server?
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

I do believe there are 2 lan_support.conf files check "~/tmw-ea/ethena-data/world/map/" in that area for it

-BBB
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Kamen
Newly Registered User

Post by Kamen »

Beautiful thats exactly what I was missing. Everything works from all sides now. Thanks!