Can't get Transmutation magic.

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Can't get Transmutation magic.

Post by Travolta »

Hello mana people :)

My char is "Travolta UA", and I did all magic quests, reached lvl2 in General magic, and all other schools except Transmutation. Audsbel tought me some transmutation spells (including #gole), but for some reason I didn't get Transmutation magic. I remember I gave him the mouboo figurine, but maybe it was a server glitch or something, that I wasn't accepted as his student.

Now when I ask him to teach me a new spell, he sais "No, not at this time. You will have to advance in your overall magic skill before I can teach you more."
It is in the very end of this file (https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... ldsbel.txt), so this must mean I completed everything I had to. But I don't have the skill.

Help.
Cyrus the Great
Peon
Peon

Re: Can't get Transmutation magic.

Post by Cyrus the Great »

I think you have to help him with his Experiments . Check this out : http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... xperiments

"Success always calls for greater generosity — though most people, lost in the darkness of their own egos, treat it as an occasion for greater greed."
Cyrus the Great

Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Omid.O wrote:I think you have to help him with his Experiments . Check this out : http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... xperiments
I did. I helped him with all except the last one. I can do his last request too, but I wonder if it would help. I doubt.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I checked the Auldsbel script and your problem is caused by a bug that occurs when you get the Astral Soul skill and then show him your Mouboo Figurine to get the Transmution skill in the same dialogue session.
I created a fix which will get in with the next content release: https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... cbc16a3895 (Which is planned to happen rather soon. )

The bugfix won't help the "Travolta UA" character, but we're currently thinking about how we can achieve that.

Thanks for the report! :)
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

rumly, thank you for reporting this bug and investigating where to find the problem. We will find a way to "fix" your character.

Jenalya, thank you for identifying what is wrong and creating a fix so quickly.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Grumble, grumble, why do characters put spaces in their names?

Oh well, patch made and test server restarted.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

We found out there is a GM command to set the magic skill of characters, but in its implementation so far it couldn't handle character names with whitespaces. o11c created a fix for this issue, so we can repair your character "Travolta UA" as soon as we're done testing and putting it on the main server. :)
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Thank you all very much :) Also thank you 4144 for finding the bug in Audsbel script. Thank you Jenaya for fast response, o11c for fixing the bugs, and Frosty for being helpful :)
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I restarted the server today which included o11c's fix about the gm command handling character names with whitespaces, and I used the command to give Transmutation Magic to the Travolta UA character. :)
Thanks again for discovering this bug.