Teleporting During Fight

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
OwlManAtt
Peon
Peon

Teleporting During Fight

Post by OwlManAtt »

I've found a minor bug that allows you to teleport 2 tiles while you are fighting.

When you have a set up like this...

And you are engaged with the enemy to your left, clicking on the item will cause a very brief pause (~1 second), and then your charater will be on the other side of the enemy, where the item was (you will have picked it up.)

I have not tried this in any other configuration (me on top, enemy below, item below that, etc). I was able to do this consistantly in the bat cave.

Client version 0.0.19 (the latest milestone) for Linux on an x86_64, using the default server.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Actually the brief pause is where you are walking past the monster (on the server), and the teleport can be considered a correction sent by the client. Hence, this is not a bug that allows you to teleport 2 tiles, but it's a bug in the client in that it fails to show that the player actually walks to the tile containing the item. I guess this is related to the client not being able to find a path past the monster, but on the server actually monsters (and other players) are not obstacles.