War Magic Skill 4?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
bekka
Peon
Peon

War Magic Skill 4?

Post by bekka »

Hi,

according to wiki, it says somethign about War Magic Skill Level 4. But Can i increase it up to 4?

Grettings, bekka :)
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: War Magic Skill 4?

Post by Reid »

bekka wrote:according to wiki, it says somethign about War Magic Skill Level 4. But Can i increase it up to 4?
No, that's just concept for future magic implementation.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Yeah, some guy edited the magic page to include spells that aren't available and nobody has bothered to revert it yet.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

...or at least added some "not available yet" remark to them.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

The spells on the spell page are all available the remarks are just about stuff that happen when you reach level 4 war magic.
e.g. #ingrav has no req for iron powder anymore and stuff like that.

At the moment Level 2 is max level in all magic skills. this might get raised some time but not in the very near future.

greets
tsukinokage
Peon
Peon

Post by tsukinokage »

tux9th wrote:The spells on the spell page are all available the remarks are just about stuff that happen when you reach level 4 war magic.
e.g. #ingrav has no req for iron powder anymore and stuff like that.

At the moment Level 2 is max level in all magic skills. this might get raised some time but not in the very near future.

greets
Thanks for clarify, the spell page was modified by me. I saw the above replies before you post this reply and don't have the eager to clarify it and also feel sad before someone can reply before look care what really is the matter. There're magic quest pages that clearly tell you that you can't go through level 2 magic right now, and also there were spells not available in the game were removed in the spells page before, but I see no problem add the remarks about the spells already in the game that don't require consumable items any longer once you get higher level magic, so I added these remarks in two reasons, one is that that won't need add again once the higher magic is available, and second, let players know what will the higher level magic offer them even if there'll be no new spells, so make more people willing to see the higher magic skill available in game earlier, and if enough players eager to see that, I believe developers will enable higher magic skill sooner (actually you can't get level 3 or higher magic right now is odd in my own opionion, although level 2 magic spells (require level 3 magic to cast) are not designed fully, but still there're no real good reason to disable it totally which made this game hard and bore for low level mages). Anyway, I won't edit any wiki pages in the future. (I said I'll quit the game after drop all my stuff in Northern mine, but although I already drop most of my stuff, only a few left, and I delete all my alts, only main char left, many friends of mine in the game wish me stay, so I'll stay around.)
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

tsukinokage wrote:Anyway, I won't edit any wiki pages in the future. (I said I'll quit the game after drop all my stuff in Northern mine, but although I already drop most of my stuff, only a few left, and I delete all my alts, only main char left, many friends of mine in the game wish me stay, so I'll stay around.)
I am very sorry about these decisions. Nobody is perfect. You made errors; it is better than those who always criticize and never do anything, though it is their absolute right to do so. The bad would be that you could not take any benefit of the error you made. Thus I would be glad to welcome you again as a wiki contributor, and of course as a player too. Goodwill is not always enough to do well, but it is welcome here.

Nard

PS : If you decide to come back, I am sure to be able to gather some players to help you a bit to level again and have some nice stuff back.
Edit : I will check again Magic, Magic quests, and spells and correct when necessary.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
tsukinokage
Peon
Peon

Post by tsukinokage »

Nard wrote:
tsukinokage wrote:Anyway, I won't edit any wiki pages in the future. (I said I'll quit the game after drop all my stuff in Northern mine, but although I already drop most of my stuff, only a few left, and I delete all my alts, only main char left, many friends of mine in the game wish me stay, so I'll stay around.)
I am very sorry about these decisions. Nobody is perfect. You made errors; it is better than those who always criticize and never do anything, though it is their absolute right to do so. The bad would be that you could not take any benefit of the error you made. Thus I would be glad to welcome you again as a wiki contributor, and of course as a player too. Goodwill is not always enough to do well, but it is welcome here.

Nard

PS : If you decide to come back, I am sure to be able to gather some players to help you a bit to level again and have some nice stuff back.
Edit : I will check again Magic, Magic quests, and spells and correct when necessary.
Thanks, as I said, I'll still stay around as a player, but really I don't need get my stuff back and don't need level just in order to level. Since I'm really a magic fun, I won't do quest have no relation to magic, so most stuff are useless to me. And also I never try to level up just in order to level up, so it's still a long way for me to be level high enough to get wizard hat, sorcerer robe and such, so really I don't need any stuff at the moment. For wiki contributor, hmm, I'm not a native English speaker, so actually it's a bit hard for me to contribute, I made the wiki changes just because when I'm reading magic.conf.example, I found some errors in the spell wiki page, e.g. #anwiltyp is actually an austral magic spell, not a general magic spell, so I fixed it, and meanwhile I was so excited to find out that I won't need sulphur powder to cast #flar once if I have level 3 war magic, so I add these remarks, as I thought as a mage, it's always hard to collect such items needed for war magic, and I'm glad if higher war magic is available, the life of mage will be a bit easier. So the reason I won't edit any wiki pages is just I don't have the ability to edit them. I believe I can only modify spell pages, but development in magic and magic spells are just slow enough to let I forget about these things.

Regards!
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

My main char is mainly a mage (level 98) and as you and many players I regret that magic level is maxed at 2 at the moment and probably still for a long time. Hopefully I had fun with magic before the sorcer robe exist and even wiz hat. You have now other items which are helpful to a mage (thanks to you developer :)): fine dress, grimoire and silk gloves for example that you can get at level 60.
By the way, I agree, Mages have to grind a lot. It is the price to pay to be able to use powerful weapons. Every "class" has it's advantages and weaknesses, you will learn that if you try them. At the moment, I think that archers the easiest class to raise despite the arrows they have to buy.

Getting high level is rather long when you begin the game. But when you've made some friends, raising a character can be really accelarated at, least until level about 70-80. CRC made a levelling contest nearly two years ago; the winner could reach level 70 on a week, and I am sure that it is possible to do better, with more help.

About wiki: I am not a native english speaker too, and many contributors are like us, with various english language level. Fortunately there are nice native english speakers who can and will help.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
tsukinokage
Peon
Peon

Post by tsukinokage »

Nard wrote: Getting high level is rather long when you begin the game. But when you've made some friends, raising a character can be really accelarated at, least until level about 70-80. CRC made a levelling contest nearly two years ago; the winner could reach level 70 on a week, and I am sure that it is possible to do better, with more help.
I believe it's true that someone can level up to level 70 in a week with help from friends, especially if they're archer or warrior, actually many of my friends suggest me first be an archer before I got high level enough, but I just feel being an archer is boring since I only want to be a mage. Many one knows, mage have high damage, but if you don't have iron powder or even don't have sulphur powder, mages are as weak as a player lower than level 10. Friends are good to have, to help with each other, but friends are not the source you ask for such items, especially when they may need them themselves too. And I don't rearlly care about wizard hats, sorcerer robe and such, since they don't really add too much to your stats. Currently in game I can be a good healer, and during some events, I act as a healer, I enjoy to be a healer by helping others. But sometimes I want to participate in the combat too by killing a mob or two, currently it's a bit hard for that part. Actually I don't mind make the damage of #ingrav a bit lower but at least let them cast #flar without sulphur powder. Anyway, just sitting and talking to friends and doing nothing in game is a common decision of many players too, not just level 99 players, so I'm really not care that much about magic and other things regard game development. Only I think if mage can at least cast #flar without sulphur powder will make more mages at least myself much more enjoy the game, and not spend most of the time just sitting, but of course developers have their own thoughts and decisions and concerns and priorities, and most archer and warrior hat mages too.

Regarding wiki pages, actually I find many inconsistency in the pages relate to magic skills and quest and such. And some may outdated, e.g. actually you never get level 1 life and other magic skills, after you get level 1 general magic skill, usually you get level 2 life and other magic skill directly. I've try to change that illustration in Life Magic Skill page, and already did so, but find it's really hard for me to write these things, although I've managed to change the information for Life Magic Skill, and that's why I havn't changed other magic skill pages yet, and won't change them. I know all wiki contributors and game developers are just volunteers and I appreciate their work, but that don't necessarily mean I'll help too. I'm glad to help open source project, and actually I can do scripting and knows about XML and even a bit C/C++ and other things, but I'll only help projects that let me feeling I'll be glad to help from the heart. I believe many contributors have that feeling too. But for now, at least I (and many others) can't feel enough welcome and kind from the developer's community. I have many friends in game, they played longer than me, and told me that many developers forgot about the fact that why they made this game, they now not made this game fun for players, they just do what they think about, totally forgot about the players. I don't know if this is really true, but for now myself also have the feeling that the game should be much more fun if developers care more about the players. Many friends said I'm a good player, but seems I complain too much, and that really won't help making the game better. And maybe I really can only be a good player and never be a contributor since there's a word "Action are loud than words", but I just have too many words and no actions.

Regards!