Test ManaPlus version for MacOSX

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Test ManaPlus version for MacOSX

Post by Frost »

Socapex wrote:Can anybody confirm it is working on OSX Snow Leopard (10.6)?
It works perfectly on my MacBook running 10.6.8!
Even though this has a poor Intel X3100 graphics chip, performance is very good!

Socapex and 4144, thanks for "kicking ass and taking names," as we say in the US. You rock my world. :D
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Manaplus is mainly functional on my 10.6.8 macBook pro. I still have the following issues (I already reported some of them to 4144):
  1. Changing the screen resolution from setup menu makes the sceen display only object outlines
  2. Main window is not resizable
  3. windoid locks do not switch their icon to the corresponding state (the size and position switches lock/unlock though)
  4. The contextual menus hot key is set to command (⌘, apple) key, which should not be the case as the right click emulation is also the control one on MacOS though the usual shortcuts should stay ⌘C ⌘V …
  5. The ⌘Q usual shortcut does not work.
  6. in TMW: Some warps (Santa house for example) can require up to 20s to be done which can make the game not playable or difficult to play (I have not tested all warps). It is not related with map change: Inside Santahouse→Outside Santahouse is fast while Outside Santahouse→Inside Santahouse and Inside Santahouse→Inside Santahouse is very slow :/ I also tested this point with 2 clients on 2 machines, the second one being an ubuntu one and made the mac char follow the ubuntu one: The mac char disappears in the ubuntu client (while it waits on mac) and reappears in the proper room on both clients simultaneously. I'll check on other servers.
(to be continued)
Note:"About Menu": :D :D
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Nard wrote:Manaplus is mainly functional on my 10.6.8 macBook pro. I still have the following issues (I already reported some of them to 4144):
[*]Changing the screen resolution from setup menu makes the sceen display only object outlines
I think on the fly resolution change from settings already blocked in sources but not compiled to dmg
Nard wrote:[*]Main window is not resizable
This is because if allow resize window will be same issue like in "Changing the screen resolution from setup menu"
For manual resize possible set any resolution from setup menu (after build will be updated)
Nard wrote: [*]windoid locks do not switch their icon to the corresponding state (the size and position switches lock/unlock though)[*]The contextual menus hot key is set to command (⌘, apple) key, which should not be the case as the right click emulation is also the control one on MacOS though the usual shortcuts should stay ⌘C ⌘V … [*]The ⌘Q usual shortcut does not work.
ManaPlus can see this keys if try to assign to some thing? or can see separate ⌘?
Nard wrote: [*]in TMW: Some warps (Santa house for example) can require up to 20s to be done which can make the game not playable or difficult to play (I have not tested all warps). It is not related with map change: Inside Santahouse→Outside Santahouse is fast while Outside Santahouse→Inside Santahouse and Inside Santahouse→Inside Santahouse is very slow :/ I also tested this point with 2 clients on 2 machines, the second one being an ubuntu one and made the mac char follow the ubuntu one: The mac char disappears in the ubuntu client (while it waits on mac) and reappears in the proper room on both clients simultaneously. I'll check on other servers.
You wait more than 30 seconds after going to warps? Because on map change old images and other data left in cache for 30 seconds. And this can corrupt time testing.
Socapex
Peon
Peon

Post by Socapex »

Nard wrote: 1) Changing the screen resolution from setup menu makes the sceen display only object outlines
2) Main window is not resizable
3) windoid locks do not switch their icon to the corresponding state (the size and position switches lock/unlock though)
Note:"About Menu": :D :D
All fixed in nightly (git repo).
Nard wrote: 4) The contextual menus hot key is set to command (⌘, apple) key, which should not be the case as the right click emulation is also the control one on MacOS though the usual shortcuts should stay ⌘C ⌘V …
Can you give more details about the command key? What are you using it for? If I understand correctly, you want to use ctrl for right click emulation? But ctrl is mapped to attack right now... Would you recommend changing attack to cmd?
Nard wrote: 5) The ⌘Q usual shortcut does not work.
cmd+Q I will work on, but it is not unusual to have games not use it. The difference is many people play with ManaPlus in windowed mode (I would think). So it looks just like another app and people will expect it to work. When I have time I'll try to fix that, but it is not my priority right now (I have many things to do :) ).

ManaPlus OS X 1.2.12.23 build 2 released

Thanks to all the input and bug reports, I present build 2 of ManaPlus 1.2.12.23 for OS X.

Here's what has changed,

Mac OS X only:
- Fixed critical bug where ManaPlus would crash going from 009-1 to 009-2 map (it would actually crash for any map without a minimap). Thanks baseballboy
- Added correct credits to 'About ManaPlus' menu. Thanks Nard
- Renamed ManaPlus.app on 10.6 (it was ugly ;) ).
- Many behind the scene improvements to make it easier to release, and harder to mess up a release.

Other improvements:
- Changing the screen resolution from setup menu makes the sceen display only object outlines.
- windoid locks do not switch their icon to the corresponding state (the size and position switches lock/unlock though).
- Many other little things.

Warning
This is a very Alpha build. What this means is you should expect bugs, and maybe very nasty ones. We are working hard to make it run as smooth on OS X as possible, but bugs are a fact of life. Please make sure you report issues, big or small, here. With a crash report if possible.

4144 has been extremely patient with me, so I would like to send him special thanks!
Oh and as usual, have fun!

ManaPlus OS X 1.2.12.23 build 3 released for OS X 10.7+

OK, there was a really quick new build for the 10.7+ version. 4144 fixed a translation bug which didn't allow you to change translation in the themes menu. If you use translations, you can get it on my DropBox here.

All future test builds will be hosted there, until we can confirm the app is stable enough.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Socapex wrote: This is a very Alpha build. What this means is you should expect bugs, and maybe very nasty ones. We are working hard to make it run as smooth on OS X as possible, but bugs are a fact of life. Please make sure you report issues, big or small, here. With a crash report if possible.

4144 has been extremely patient with me, so I would like to send him special thanks!
Oh and as usual, have fun!

All future test builds will be hosted there, until we can confirm the app is stable enough.
The ⌘ shortcuts were introduced by Apple and later added to windows (because Excel was originally a Mac application) and Unix for user friendliness. as It did not exist on other keyboard, devs chose to emulate it with control key. But macs have also a control key :/. This may require a special treatment of the mac platform. Users may have to take care on their shortcuts both in system prefs and manaplus, there are many possible conflicts.

Thanks a Lot for the (nice) job and "Many other little things." Both to You and 4144
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Socapex
Peon
Peon

Post by Socapex »

It shouldn't be that hard I think. What I need to know is what you are experiencing vs. what you are expecting. For example, what are the shortcuts that aren't working? I do not play TMW much, so as far as I can tell, the client doesn't use ctrl at all... Maybe for magic stuff?

If you are talking copy/paste, 4144 has mentioned plans to add it.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Updated to version 1.3.1.20.
Thanks to Socapex.

Download ManaPlus for Mac OS X

Enjoy,
--Alige
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Updated to version 1.3.2.17.
Thanks to Socapex.

Enjoy,
--Alige
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Ali-G wrote:Updated to version 1.3.2.17.
Thanks to Socapex.

Enjoy,
--Alige
You linked to Evol Online front page... :) Here is direct Mac OS X explication.

Newby link: http://www.evolonline.org/mac.html
Regular link: http://manaplus.evolonline.org/macosx
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Socapex
Peon
Peon

Post by Socapex »

So many thanks to me Ali, gotta love that, hehe :)

I would like to thank people too: 4144, hal9000, Ali-G, Reidy and all the team!

Proposal to close this thread, and simply let things go from here on. OS X seems to be yet another platform you are running on ;). If there are OS X bugs, they'll be reported here as others, and I'll do my best to fix/work on them :)
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Mac OS X builds updated to ManaPlus v1.3.3.3, thanks to Socapex.
Enjoy and feel free to report any bug here.