[solved] M.Attack doesn't return w/ outfit change

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Xoai
Newly Registered User

[solved] M.Attack doesn't return w/ outfit change

Post by Xoai »

I seem to have a problem...
I have 2 outfits... 1 with minimal defence, that allows me to cast spells... and 1 tank mode with shield and my best armor...
If i change outfits from tank mode to magic mode, my Magic Attack value doesn't go back to above zero, and thus, i can't cast any spells...
I have to manually unequip everything and then reequip the magic outfit by hand.
It does work, per se, but it takes several minutes for my MA value to reset, so there is a large window where i am defenseless and can't cast any healing or defensive spells.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, or even where it's happening (server side/client). but it is irksome, when it happens in the heat of battle.

any help or explanation much appreciated... thanks
Last edited by Xoai on 23 Jan 2013, 06:36, edited 1 time in total.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Re: Bug in outfit changes

Post by Freeyorp101 »

This is intended, and done on the server. It will take a while for your magic attack to recover after being dampened by armor. Manually re-equipping everything should not accelerate the process.

Moved to General Support.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Or to put it another way: it's *intentionally* that you can't just get naked and be able to cast powerful magic in less than a second, then reequip so you're not vulnerable for long.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Xoai
Newly Registered User

Post by Xoai »

Ahhhhhh
that makes a lot of sense, and after posting, and then playing some more, it occurred to me that that might be the case...
thank you both for the insight
i guess i'll have to wait until i can afford to dump points into INT before going farther with magic :( :hangs head: