my account has been purged... :(

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
awambawamb
Newly Registered User

my account has been purged... :(

Post by awambawamb »

hi, my old old old acocunt (made in 2010) has been purged in the second purge, one year ago.
can I re-create a character with the same name? I can't even log in in the server... what can I do about it?
I don't mind restart a new character, but I'd like the new char to be named "awambawamb" (I'm a bit of a pixelhugger)
my account was "awambawamb" same as this forum account and as stated above is in the second purge. the registration email hasn't changed though... :(
I've found some topics about recovering their accounts, but no one stated a solution or explanation, that's why it made me write here... and the purge isn't on the wiki also
thanks in advance for help
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: my acocunt has been purged... :(

Post by Frost »

awambawamb wrote:my old old old acocunt (made in 2010) has been purged in the second purge, one year ago.
can I re-create a character with the same name? I can't even log in in the server... what can I do about it?
Yes. Just create a new account and then create that character.
I've found some topics about recovering their accounts, but no one stated a solution or explanation
The purges removed those accounts and their associated characters from the server. The solution (which you were probably weren't hoping to hear) is to create a new account and start over.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
awambawamb
Newly Registered User

Re: my account has been purged... :(

Post by awambawamb »

ah!
it's weird... so there will always be a record of the accound "awambawamb" and no one can register such account anew eve if it was deleted, but probably there will be no problems on recreating a new player called "awambawamb"?
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

The problem is that when the purge happens, the temporary SQL database doesn't get cleared.

I've created a new account for you (with your original password and email), bypassing the web frontend.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
awambawamb
Newly Registered User

Post by awambawamb »

oh, thank you very much!!!! ^^