Keyboard Bug in Android version?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
baedamichi
Novice
Novice

Keyboard Bug in Android version?

Post by baedamichi »

Hi, I'm using ManaPlus 1.3.1.20 for Android on an HTC Sensation XL (Android 4.0.3).
Well, actually I'm not using it, because I encounter a problem. The on-screen keyboard just allows me to type uppercase letters when ManaPlus is running (works fine with any other application), when I press the shift-key, nothing changes.
My password has both uppercase and lowercase letters, so of course this is sort of a problem...
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?
Knight
Knight

Re: Keyboard Bug?

Post by 4144 »

baedamichi wrote:Hi, I'm using ManaPlus 1.3.1.20 for Android on an HTC Sensation XL (Android 4.0.3).
Well, actually I'm not using it, because I encounter a problem. The on-screen keyboard just allows me to type uppercase letters when ManaPlus is running (works fine with any other application), when I press the shift-key, nothing changes.
My password has both uppercase and lowercase letters, so of course this is sort of a problem...
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?
I think this is know bug in HTC sense.
Disable or remove HTC sense and keyboard should work.
Cyrus the Great
Peon
Peon

Re: Keyboard Bug in Android version?

Post by Cyrus the Great »

Thanks alot. I wanted to know if its possible to port ManaPlus or other Mana Client to Symbian Platform?
b0tm1nd
Newly Registered User

Post by b0tm1nd »

Client: ManaPlus (beta) 1.3.12.22
Device: Motorola Droid 2
Android: 2.3.7

Problems:

- Physical keyboard. "ALT" button does not work when you wish to type the special characters, like "#", it types a normal letter instead, like nothing extra was pressed. BUT, it works for typing the hot-keys for numbers (smiles). At the same time, in the chat mode, no numbers will be typed.

- General keyboard limitation and inability (or I don't know how?) to re-set the control keys. For example "rshift" is unavailable on my device.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

You can reassign any keys in settings in input tab.

About not working hardware keys, here exists build with SDL2
You can try it, it still not in google play because may have some other kind of issues.
But here fixed working in background issue and some hardware keyboards.
It named "ManaPlus". And version in google play named "ManaPlus (beta)"
http://download.evolonline.org/manaplus ... naPlus.apk

I think i will add this version in google play after some time.
b0tm1nd
Newly Registered User

Post by b0tm1nd »

Will try it. Working in background was also an issue..

Thanks!