Auto-Pickup with X-key: Feature or bug [was: Feature or bug]

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
tsukinokage
Peon
Peon

Auto-Pickup with X-key: Feature or bug [was: Feature or bug]

Post by tsukinokage »

In game, we can use A to target a monster and ctrl to attack, but long time ago, manaplus support X key to target and attack at the same time. It's handy, and works fine for a long time. But in recent versions (I believe already three versions released since) of manaplus, if you press X key, it will pick up loots too if loots is nearer than mobs. I don't know if this is a feature or bug. But personally speaking, this is a annoying beheavior, so if it's a feature, I'd glad if I can disable it. But I havn't managed to disable this "feature" in the setup menu (didn't find anything regarding this). So if this is a bug, please fix it, and if it's a feature, can I disable this, and how? If it's not disabable, I suggest add the option to disable this behevior in the setup menu.

By the way, there're two other problems with the manaplus client I want to post below.

1) I heard from friends that manaplus support right click in the chat window and copy the text from it and paste it into the other application. When I use Fedora 17, it seems their're menu poped up with right click, but the copy option don't work. Now in Fedora 18, even worse, no right click menu popes up. I heard that it works fine in Ubutun when I was using Fedora 17.

2) Both in Fedora 17 and Fedora 18 if I use input method other than English, the keyborad will automatically input characters into the UI (Text Entry), even if e.g. I press left shift when choose wubi input method so it input English letters in other applications it won't work with Manaplus. The input framework in Fedora is ibus engine. This maybe a problem of ibus engine interacting with opengl, I think, but hope it's still fixable.

Regards!
Knight
Knight

Re: Feature or bug

Post by 4144 »

tsukinokage wrote:In game, we can use A to target a monster and ctrl to attack, but long time ago, manaplus support X key to target and attack at the same time. It's handy, and works fine for a long time. But in recent versions (I believe already three versions released since) of manaplus, if you press X key, it will pick up loots too if loots is nearer than mobs. I don't know if this is a feature or bug. But personally speaking, this is a annoying beheavior, so if it's a feature, I'd glad if I can disable it. But I havn't managed to disable this "feature" in the setup menu (didn't find anything regarding this). So if this is a bug, please fix it, and if it's a feature, can I disable this, and how? If it's not disabable, I suggest add the option to disable this behevior in the setup menu.
You can limit distance for pickups. For this use default key O. It switch pickup distance
Or you can disable pickup while attacking at all. For this use default key END.
More you can see here http://manaplus.evolonline.org/yellowbar
tsukinokage wrote: By the way, there're two other problems with the manaplus client I want to post below.

1) I heard from friends that manaplus support right click in the chat window and copy the text from it and paste it into the other application. When I use Fedora 17, it seems their're menu poped up with right click, but the copy option don't work. Now in Fedora 18, even worse, no right click menu popes up. I heard that it works fine in Ubutun when I was using Fedora 17.
This can be missing deps. Install package with name "xsel". It used for copy to clipboard.
About not working menu, probably you using old manaplus version. Some time ago was bug with broken menu in chat.
Latest version now 1.3.2.3
tsukinokage wrote:2) Both in Fedora 17 and Fedora 18 if I use input method other than English, the keyborad will automatically input characters into the UI (Text Entry), even if e.g. I press left shift when choose wubi input method so it input English letters in other applications it won't work with Manaplus. The input framework in Fedora is ibus engine. This maybe a problem of ibus engine interacting with opengl, I think, but hope it's still fixable.
I not used ibus by self, but some people used it for japanese input.
With other asian languages can be issues, because fonts not support this chars.
tsukinokage
Peon
Peon

Post by tsukinokage »

4144 wrote: You can limit distance for pickups. For this use default key O. It switch pickup distance
Or you can disable pickup while attacking at all. For this use default key END.
More you can see here http://manaplus.evolonline.org/yellowbar
I know the O key, and I always set the pickup distance to max because the other distance don't give good enough experience, especially when very often mobs drop items after they died quite a while later(suppose this is lag problem). Don't know if END key you said will disable Z key as well too, but anyhow, I can try this out and find out how well it works. And thanks for this information. Although personally I still don't like this feature, as there's already the Z key for pickup.
4144 wrote: This can be missing deps. Install package with name "xsel". It used for copy to clipboard.
About not working menu, probably you using old manaplus version. Some time ago was bug with broken menu in chat.
Latest version now 1.3.2.3
Ok, seems true that menu in chat works in 1.3.2.3. I have latest manaplus version, but I havn't test it, the bug I report was obsereved when I still using an old version, sorry to post it before I verify it again. And for the copy/paste bug it seems true that it's a missing deps on xsel, after install it it works fine.
4144 wrote: I not used ibus by self, but some people used it for japanese input.
With other asian languages can be issues, because fonts not support this chars.
Actually I've tried japanese input too, but still can't see any japanese chars, maybe that's font problem. But the problem I was trying to say is not about display asian characters, I have a lot of knowldge about TeX system, so I know character need right font to display. The problem I was tring to say is that, I use ibus-table-chinese-wubi-jidian for inputing Chinese characters, but this input method have a feature that if you press the left Shift key, you can temporily switch to English input, but that don't work well in Manaplus, if I press Shift key, and after input a few letters the keyborad will automatically input the last character I enter, e.g. forever inputing of letter j and such. And also I just find out another problem regarding to input method. When I switch to ibus-table-chinese-wubi-jidian, and press Esc key to exit manaplus, the confirm dialog do pop up, but it keeps blink and there's no effect of my click on the dialog buttons. I have to switch to English to confirm the quit. I have a lot of input method candidate in my default input menu, so it's handy to tempority switch to English as I can do by press Shift key. It'll be a bit annoying to switch to English permanantly and later have to press Ctrl-shift a lot of times (which I set as the hot key) to switch back to my Chinese wubi input method. It's true that I can use mouse click in input method selection menu, but sometimes keybroad input is much more convinient than mouse click, since with my laptop I may don't use the mouse.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

By default japanese chars not supported too. For support enable japanese locale in settings theme\language. Only here it will use japan font.

About different locales, control keys supported only from english locale, like esc, or X or other.
tsukinokage
Peon
Peon

Post by tsukinokage »

I was stupied, I know there's language settings in the theme menu. And yes it can display Japanese input now, and also it can display a certain number of Chinese, since Japanese kanji and Chinese hanzi overlaped for quit a lot of character.

But displaying of Asian character was never what I'm asking for, as I stated in the above reply. What I'm saying is the Chinese wubi input method with temporiry English input don't work. Since wubi is the main input method I use, I never tested other input method that support left Shift to temporiraily switch to English. I just tried out pinyin input method which have this same feature as wubi, seems pinyin input method works fine when temporialy switched to English, but wubi won't work. It just automatically input letters forever if you press a few keys. And I noticed wubi input method without switch to temporialy switch to English cause the UI to blink forever if you press enter in chat window or if you open a popup window.

But anyway, the poeple in China use Linux is rare, the one that use Linux and use wubi as his/her main input method is even rare, and from the above statements, I retain the thought that the bug was related to ibus (table input method (which wubi is one)) interacting with opengl, and it maybe a bug of ibus table, and it maybe hard for you to fix (it may even not possible to fix the problem on the client side, it may need fix in the ibus table framework), so you don't need to pay more attention to this problem.

Thanks for your patience.