Bug? Super fast cycling of mob targets

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Bug? Super fast cycling of mob targets

Post by Ledmitz »

Hello, today I updated manaplus to 1.3.3.3 from 1.2.8.5(I think). I use the cycle target feature for all types of targets, but the mob target cycling is now happening really fast, without even needing to hold it for a moment. Actually it's a lot faster than when you normally hold the 'A' key down, like it lost a delay or something. Only the mob targets have been affected. NPC and Player target still works as it had before.
I could not find a way to rollback my version in Ubuntu, either. Most things that would normally work, showed nothing to rollback to. I did download 1.2.8.5 from sourceforge though and can run it from the folder, but now my local folder is ignored.
Do you know of a way I can get the old 'A' key behavior back OR Is there a way I can obtain a particular version in the normal install methods?

Thanks.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Knight
Knight

Re: Bug? Super fast cycling of mob targets

Post by 4144 »

Now useless selection delay removed, and now delay based only only on keyboard settings.
Can be changed in settings in misc tab values "repeat delay" and "repeat interval"
i not sure is some issue here but may be for A if hold it for long time it can work as twice press, but if hold not for long all ok.

Depend on what class you play you can disable cycle target or pressing A without long holding time.
Also may be better not use A+ctrl at all, and use X? It much faster to attack targets. Mostly use X+shift
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I experienced the same as Ledmitz and was about to report too. I don't want to change anything to keyboard settings as they work fine at the moment. A key is useful especially when playing with warriors or archers to prevent from changing target continuously as warriors often try kindly to protect others.
If a delay has been removed, I"ll try a bit longer and see if I can get accustomed to the new setting.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

4144 wrote:Now useless selection delay removed, and now delay based only only on keyboard settings.
Can be changed in settings in misc tab values "repeat delay" and "repeat interval"
I changed my values in the misc tab for repeat delay and interval... when I did, NPC and Player targeting was affected accordingly, but the monster targeting doesn't seem to change at all... it's always super fast.
4144 wrote:may be better not use A+ctrl at all, and use X?
I use the cycling to attack certain monsters on the same tile. If using speed, I avoid wasting time on skulls, etc... or trying to zone in on luvia, for example.

Also, I'm not holding the 'A' key down, just pressing as usual, but now the delay and interval act more like they're both set at 10ms.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Ledmitz wrote:I could not find a way to rollback my version in Ubuntu, either. Most things that would normally work, showed nothing to rollback to.
I couldn't find a solution to the fast monster target cycling thing and I had heard of a few oufits going missing too. THis finally happened to me. In my case, just the bottom row of a preprogrammed outfit disappeared. I also had problems closing the client a few times. I finally did find a way to rollback to another version though. I use Ubuntu 11.10:

Code: Select all

cd var/cache/apt/archives

ls
Here you will see the .deb's that you have and are able to install. You must have both the manaplus and manaplus client-data of the same version that you wish to rollback to. (Hopefully, you still have the older version here). Once you know you have these files, you can remove your up-to-date version of ManaPlus.

sudo apt-get remove manaplus
After it's complete, you can install your older versions with dpkg. I will give you the command I used, but you will have to use the names of the files you need on your system. So again:

cd var/cache/apt/archives

ls
(to see the names of the files to copy/paste)

sudo dpkg -i manaplus_1%3a1.3.2.17-1oneiric_amd64.deb manaplus-data_1%3a1.3.2.17-1oneiric_all.deb
Now just try ManaPlus again and if you have any problems you can always go back to the newest version again with apt-get. I am not bothering to lock the version as I will probably just install the newest again as soon as it gets fixed. I hope I helped someone other than just me.

Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Here was error in repeat time calculation.
Will be fixed in next client version