Bugged cincentration potions 6000+

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Quinny
Peon
Peon

Bugged cincentration potions 6000+

Post by Quinny »

This is for my daughter who plays as gigil. While hunting today she found 6553 concentration potions laying on the ground. She says she looked and know one was there so she picked them up. She then tried to store some in her bank and it wouldn't work. She then tried to sell them but in the chat box says unsellable. She then tried to trade with me "Quinny Cinderweb" and the trade would not work. I would see a little speech bubble over her head but a trade would not go through. She also tried to just drop them but it also wouldn't work the normal box for amount would come up but then nothing would happen. I had her log a few time to see if it helped but still the same. I then talked to silent dawn who said I should put something here for you to see so here it is. any help would be great. If they are stuck is fine but would like to beable to trade with her again. Thanks
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Bugged cincentration potions 6000+

Post by Frost »

In the game data file, gigil has Concentration Potions, quantity 0.
I've never seen this before. That's awesome.

Everything else about her character looks normal.

We'll fix this one way or another. I'm curious how urgent the problem is. How much is it interfering with her ability to play and enjoy the game?
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Are you sure it doesn't say 65536?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

I'd think she'd be massively overweight and unable to self-heal..
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

MadCamel wrote:she'd be massively overweight
Be careful, you should never say that to a girl ;)

But it would be interesting to know if the server interpretes it as 0 potions, which would mean that they would be weightless, or indeed as 2^16 potions. Did she try using one? What happened?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Quinny
Peon
Peon

Post by Quinny »

Ok to all the question we did get her trade ablity working again for what ever reason. It was not hindering her game play other than the trade that we fixed or sever/dev or whatever worked. o11cI think that is what it said about the amount in the her bag. There was no extra weight in her bag from what I could see. It was 3. something much to low if they had been in there properly. She did try to use one and nothing happend. Would say unuseable when she tried. I talked to frost the day after and when she had logged on that morning they where all gone form her bag. So the mystery ball is in your hands lol.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Since there's no way to represent the number 2 ** 16 on the network, I suspect it is a client-bug for that part. (Of course, there's also a server bug allowing a stack of 0 in the first place).

Still, at least the fix (adding another item to the stack) is easy enough.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.