new update

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
lenalee
Newly Registered User

new update

Post by lenalee »

hello i have the mana client because i have an old mac and i want to know if the new update can run in it because i see in the wiki change for cave in tul but i can't see it in the game
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: new update

Post by Frost »

If you have at least Snow Leopard (10.6) The latest Mac version can be downloaded from the ManaPlus site.
Note that there are different packages for Snow Leopard and for Lion/Mountain Lion (10.7/10.8 ).

Thanks again to 4144 and Socapex for continuing to bring the Mana love to us Mac users. :D
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
lenalee
Newly Registered User

Post by lenalee »

i can't have mana + client because my mac is 10.5.8
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

You could *try* the Mana 0.6 builds here. I have no clue if they work.

But, in the long run, your OS is probably just plain too old for our few Mac packagers to support. It might be possible to build from source even if there isn't a binary package.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Socapex
Peon
Peon

Post by Socapex »

Did you try the snow leopard build anyways? 10.5 and 10.6 are very similar, it *may* work.

On another note, any reason you are still on 10.5 other than money? I highly recommend 10.6 if you can, it will run as smooth as 10.5 on older machines.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Socapex wrote:I highly recommend 10.6 if you can, it will run as smooth as 10.5 on older machines.
I totally agree. I hesitated to upgrade because of my dog's breakfast of extensions and PPC/Intel apps (hello, Nikon!). For $30, 10.6 improved most things and broke nothing.
If you're still on PPC, then good luck. My G4 1.33GHz can no longer handle Youtube.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown