Can't log on to the game

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Mochiteddy
Newly Registered User

Can't log on to the game

Post by Mochiteddy »

I've played this game for a few years. but for some reason now, when I try to log on, it comes up with the following text

"the update process is incomplete.It is strongly recommended that you try later.Callback aborted"

I've tried to reinstall the game and it still says the same thing. This is version v0.0.29.1. Can someone please help me?
Fortunato
Novice
Novice

Re: Can't log on to the game

Post by Fortunato »

Switch to the ManaPlus client, you seem to be using a very old version of the previous Mana client.

You can download it from here: http://manaplus.org/
Mochiteddy
Newly Registered User

Post by Mochiteddy »

i've tried to follow the intructions under the "Packages for ubuntu/debian" but when I went into "Settings / Repositories", there was no "other software" tab. and when I tried to add it in under" Third-party software" and install mana plus, it came up with an error

"E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?"
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

What version of Debian or Ubuntu (or one of their derivatives) are you using?
Mochiteddy
Newly Registered User

Post by Mochiteddy »

Not quite sure on what kind of debian i am using, but now, I have found a way to get it working. I didn't read the instructions properly. Thank you for helping me! :D