manaworld cvs tarball 092304

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
bay
Peon
Peon

manaworld cvs tarball 092304

Post by bay »

i had created a login and user via the 007e package, i used this to login to animesites.de. i walked around, and right clicked to talk to one of the npcs. the game crashed.

i restarted the mana world, logged in. this time instead of The Mana World (0) there was The Mana World (1). i'm guessing that would be how many people are online. it still felt i was online?

so i click into that, and get the same crash. no matter what i do now, the game will crash. note, i am using your The Mana World.exe build that was in the cvs tarball.

another note, i had to download the msvcr71.dll and place it into the directory to run your .exe. currently i still use vc6.

the error is this, tho since i have no symbol/debug info bindings this won't help much.

instruction : 0x6802d4ac reference memory 0x005ee000, couldn't be read.
naturally, since you don't know the memory mapping of the exe you won't know where that is, and unless you understand what 0005ee000 could be, it is again useless.

i will try compiling via my own means and seeing if i can trace into that crash. probably won't be able to do that for awhile tho.

oh yes, and another notice.. and i don't know if its my fault. there was no music?

.02$
bay
Peon
Peon

Post by bay »

a continuation from above...

i decided to make a new login called baytest2. i logged in, and clicked on Mana World (0), asked to make a character. So I inputted a name and got "Unknown Error" or something of the sort. Tried another name, two, three. finally logged off and relogged in. Selected Mana World (0) and saw my character there, clicked it, and got online again, starting spot. no problem.

i go up to grandma and click... wait... click.. click.. i try all other characters.. nothing.

o_O

.02$
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

First of all, about music: check tmw.ini, maybe it's only because sound is disabled.

About the crashes, well it seems that tmw has a lot of random bugs, especially in the login/character creation part. I hope to fix them, but usually I don't get those errors, so your help it's very useful.

Post by Guest »

I am using the 9-24 cvs, compiled on gentoo linux, and I always get a "unable to connect to login server" error, any ideas?

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I am using the 9-24 cvs, compiled on gentoo linux, and I always get a "unable to connect to login server" error, any ideas?
nevermind, I got into animesites.de fine now, mustve been down. Great work so far guys!
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

If you want to check server status use this link http://themanaworld.sourceforge.net/ind ... ule=server

My server is quite always down these days :( so better connect to animesites.de