Stuck in "Requesting characters"

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
mekagylvx
Peon
Peon

Stuck in "Requesting characters"

Post by mekagylvx »

When logging on to Mana World I have often got stuck at the "Requesting characters" screen. It happens more often on one of my accounts. Usually I wait 5 to 15 minutes and most of the time I can get back into the game. However, I have run across a new version of this problem.

I tried to create an alternate character on an account. When I press the "Create" button, it hangs for maybe a minute, then the server timeout kicks me off. At that point, it asks if I want the support page. I click "no" and it brings up the server selection page. At this point, if I click "quit" or "connect", nothing happens. The Mana cursor still moves, but everything is stuck. Even esc does nothing. I have to use Windows task Manager to get out of it. The next time I try to log into the game, I get stuck at the "Requesting characters" screen. On one account, it was over 24 hours before I could get back into the game.

This sequence is repeatable on two different Windows systems, on multiple accounts. In fact, I have only successfully created one new alt char out of maybe 10 attempts. It is really difficult to create a new char. I am using the latest ManaPlus 1.3.9.15. I don't think it is a ManaPlus problem, but maybe I will download the official client and try that too.
Knight
Knight

Re: Stuck in "Requesting characters"

Post by 4144 »

This look like network issue. 5 or 10 minutes is network timeouts in your system.
Now ManaPlus is official client.
For clean experiment restart manaplus and create alt. Also better open one manaplus instance for testing.

Also try register and create alts in test servers.