Connectivity issues

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
SamuraiAkira
Newly Registered User

Connectivity issues

Post by SamuraiAkira »

Thanks for welcoming me to the mana world/forum, and for giving me directions. Unfortunately, I was unable to participate in the event because I've been unable to connect to the game. It simply says "connecting to server", but never actually connects.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: [Event] Gm sponsered Sept 29, 17:00 game time

Post by o11c »

SamuraiAkira wrote:Thanks for welcoming me to the mana world/forum, and for giving me directions. Unfortunately, I was unable to participate in the event because I've been unable to connect to the game. It simply says "connecting to server", but never actually connects.
Hm ... if you're able to connect to the forums, you aren't on the IP blacklist.

Are you sure you're not under some sort of evil proxy?

There's also a known client bug where some pattern of logging out then logging in again will lead to a hang during every login attempt. But restarting the client will fix it, and you seem to imply that this issue has persisted.

Which exact client version and OS are you using?

(Note: these posts will be moved to the support forum in a bit)
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
SamuraiAkira
Newly Registered User

Post by SamuraiAkira »

I'm using Linux Mint 15, and TMW client (mana v0.6.1). The problem is a persisting one like you said. I haven't been able to connect to the game period. Also, I'm not running on any sort of proxy either. Thanks for your help.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

please download the latest mana+ from www.manaplus.org

Maybe this fixes it, however I have no idea why it should.

Could it be possible that your ISP filters outgoing traffic, and blocks certain ports? Are you at some sort of Firm, University, Students Home etc?
SamuraiAkira
Newly Registered User

Post by SamuraiAkira »

I'll try downloading the latest mana+ as you suggest. Concerning my network, it's just a simple home network. I've played the game a couple times in the past and never had this issue. I doubt it's my network but if installing the latest mana+ client doesn't fix it, then I guess I'll have to start fooling around with my network's settings.
SamuraiAkira
Newly Registered User

Post by SamuraiAkira »

Well, installing the latest mana+ didn't make any difference. I guess I'll have to start looking for network conflictions. Thanks for the help so far, and I'm sorry that I'm posting off-topic posts in this thread.
SamuraiAkira
Newly Registered User

Post by SamuraiAkira »

Sorry for back to back posting. I managed to resolve my issues. It turned out that it was a network/router security issue. Thanks to everyone that offered advice and welcomed me. Hopefully I'll get to participate in the next event.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Connectivity issues

Post by melkior »