Forum Emails

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Forum Emails

Post by tux9th »

Hi,
earlier I always recieved an Email upon recieving of a new private message and other events. Recently this has stopped and it is bugging me.

I searched through my Email account and the last mail I got from the Forums is 30th August '13.
I don't remember changing any of my settings and I also don't remember changing my email address. I thought maybe this is some issue with my mailserver and I started a password request routine. Upon requesting my password (entering both email address and username) I got an email from the forums sending me a link to reset my password. However notifications regarding PMs won't come through (or aren't sent).

the attachment shows my current settings. Is there something wrong with the settings or is there something wrong on the other side of the "conversation"

regards

edit: I changed to another email address no change. still not receiving notifications.
Attachments
settings.png
settings.png (49.92 KiB) Viewed 5087 times
v0id
Novice
Novice

Re: Forum Emails

Post by v0id »

Same here. Last notifcation email was received on August, 30th.
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

Exactly the same here too.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

My last notification was also about the same time ...

The only thing I can think of about that time is when set set passwords@ as the recovery address for in-game accounst ...

I don't see anything in the PHPBB email admin settings that would make that happen though ... unless PHPBB is being terrible and not actually following the settings.

Can someone confirm that both the old "new forum PM" emails and the current "forum password reset" emails come from admin@tmw.o ?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

X-PHP-Originating-Script: 1000:functions_messenger.php
Reply-To: <admin@themanaworld.org>
Sender: <admin@themanaworld.org>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <c543dc6c34e2d5c41b17eadf6aae90bb@forums.themanaworld.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 21:51:43 +0000
private message notification
X-PHP-Originating-Script: 1000:functions_messenger.php
Reply-To: <admin@themanaworld.org>
Sender: <admin@themanaworld.org>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <3551c1bc30d45e857483c3cf1cdce5d0@forums.themanaworld.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 21:08:19 +0000
password reset request
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

I've verified the server can send mail correctly and have checked the mail logs.. I do see some mail being sent from the forum every day, but not much. Weirder and weirder.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Rate limit? DNS problems?

Strange that we only ever get bounces for mail send by the ladmin account creation script ...
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

It would be better if I post it here (originally here).
o11c wrote:It is possible that the problem affecting forum emails is related to this, but I kind of doubt it.

I would appreciate feedback from:
  • one person who is not currently a member of the tester group, nor any group with special permissions (i.e. most forum members)
  • one person who is a member (but not a leader) of the tester group, but not any group with special permissions (i.e. a tester who is not a developer)
regarding whether they can see
  • who are the leaders of the testing group
  • whether anyone is in the request queue for the testing group
I fit with the second case, as I am a member of the tester group, but not a developer.

I can see that Jenalya, tux9th and wushin are the leaders of the testing group. I can also see the whole list of people belonging to this group, classed by their joining date (37 persons). However, I am not able to see any request queue currently, and I haven't been notified of any new entry since I've joined it.

Concerning notifications, I receive a mail on this website when there is something new to test, but I don't receive anything on my gmail mailbox (it's also true for forum topics I have subscribed).

Just another piece of information, although I am not sure if it can help : I still receive e-mails (on gmail) when there is a new answer to forum topics I am subscribed on tmw.net. On these forums I have the same behaviour we had before.

Regards,

Kaze
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I've found a PHPBB bug that might be related to this. I'll try to find some time in the next few weeks to do the upgrade to see if it helps.
GozUer
Peon
Peon

Post by GozUer »

Hi,

I have the same problem... guess its still under repair the situation... Good luck, and let us know when its done! =) (gotta keep track of the post cuz i wont be notified :P)
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

This appears to be fixed after the upgrade. However, we discovered a permissions error in the cache, so we're not entirely sure which was the cause of it.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

I can confirm this.