Requesting Run-In-Background feature.

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
GozUer
Peon
Peon

Requesting Run-In-Background feature.

Post by GozUer »

Hi 4144,
You might remember me from in-game PMs, i'm an Android TMW user, i like to use it when im away from home on a trip or in vacations... and i use mostly to talk with people.

I know its hard to do, but i really wanted to see this possible one day! Just wanted to let you know about this once again.

Using atm: ManaPlus 1.3.11.24 Android, SDL1.2
Device1: Samsung GT-S7562 / Android: 4.0.4
Device2: Alexis Tablet RX5DC / Android: 4.2.0

The Problem is, on the cell phone if we got or low battery warning, or incoming call or press the return button by mistake, the game closes and we have to log in again... its really annoying.

And Samsung has a problem with his keyboard--- this -> Link to keyboard photo

You see the gear and the microphone next to the "space"? if you accidentally press one of them, a sub-menu will appear and close the game =(
Tablet is just if you press back or go do anything else...

You think you can do it? I think other people might have this problem as well. We count on you!

Best of regards and sorry for all the reading!
Keep the good work! we love it!

-GozUer

...hope i'm in the right place :P
Knight
Knight

Re: Requesting Run-In-Background feature.

Post by 4144 »

With SDL 1.2 i think this is impossible,
But you can try test build with SDL 2.

http://download.evolonline.org/manaplus ... naPlus.apk
GozUer
Peon
Peon

Post by GozUer »

Thanks for the reply,

My "Google Play Store" auto updates my Android Client of Mana+, and it did not long ago, google play updates wont update client SDL version?
Anyways ive tried the SDL2 you gave me on my Samsung, and its unstable and unplayable, low FPS on mine 1Ghz Core o.o
and unstable because, well i think it worked i think the game remained open after i went to the main menu of the cell phone but when i return the screen gets black forever, and if i press around i can hear im attacking something... (pinkie :P) but the game wont show itself only sounds... and on the log in menu the windows get messed up and untouchable (sometimes)
SDL 1.2 is very stable btw...

I think i should let you know of this =)
Want me to try on my tablet or it wont make a difference?
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Hm, try in settings in video tab select "mobile opengl" probably before in old version crashes it fallback to software mode.
GozUer
Peon
Peon

Post by GozUer »

Hahaha you da man!
Changing to Mobile openGL worked game is fast again
and i have to say that SDL 2 is lot lot better than SDL 1.2, nice job.
But im guessing, is this version yours? why "Google Play" didnt update it to SDL2? even tough it was making updates... =O everyone should have this version... is awesome.
Thanks mate
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

GozUer wrote:Hahaha you da man!
But im guessing, is this version yours? why "Google Play" didnt update it to SDL2? even tough it was making updates... =O everyone should have this version... is awesome.
Thanks mate
It lack some features and for now it experimental build, but yes i think i will use it in google play after some time.
GozUer
Peon
Peon

Post by GozUer »

4144 wrote:
GozUer wrote:Hahaha you da man!
Thanks mate
It lack some features and for now it experimental build, but yes i think i will use it in google play after some time.

You should update the google play *.apk... this SDL 2 is awesome mate... 5*
Keep the good work! i'll let you know if i find anything worth your interest =)
GozUer
Peon
Peon

Post by GozUer »

New Question:

Hey i got my SDL2 on my tablet now, works even better than the cell phone but i have one problem, the game GUI is in system default's language... its in Portuguese in this case, how can i change it back to English? i cant find the option anywhere... even on the computer client... but on my computer the game wont be affected by systems language...

Thanks in advance.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

GozUer wrote:New Question:

Hey i got my SDL2 on my tablet now, works even better than the cell phone but i have one problem, the game GUI is in system default's language... its in Portuguese in this case, how can i change it back to English? i cant find the option anywhere... even on the computer client... but on my computer the game wont be affected by systems language...

Thanks in advance.
In settings look in "theme" tab for "language"