Hurnscald Hospital needs new staff ASAP!!!

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Hurnscald Hospital needs new staff ASAP!!!

Post by Speiros02 »

It appears the poor old nurse is so frantic and overworked, that her mathematics is TERRIBLE!!!

So here's the formula she gave me.

Point 1
She needed "just a little" of the healing potion. (= between 5 and 8 ),
and then "a little" venom (= between 9-12)
and "much" of the stabiliser (=between 13-16).

Point 2
The venom was to be AT LEAST twice as much as the healing potion, as was the stabiliser.

Point 3
There was only 24 on their scales.

Problem 1:

Let's call healing potion (A), venom (B) and stabiliser (C).
(B)= >2(A), and (oops, signs the wrong way around...don't give me a job here either)
(C)=>2(A)
so considering this, we can start with the smallest integers. Automatically we come up with a problem: According to this above formula (A)+(B)+(C)=24.
If (A) min =5, and (B) min =9, and (C) min= 13, then the LOWEST possible number that can be reached is 27.

Problem 2:
The numbers were confirmed (in this case) as 5 for (A), and 9 for (B). (Mathematically wrong, but let's move to the next step). This makes Point 2 incorrect, as 9 is NOT "at least twice as much" as 5.

I believe the mathematics on this needs a slight adjustment for the explanation for the formula to work.

So here's what I propose...

1) As the nurse has given me a lethal injection of this venom, and my nerves are shattered now, NOT based on the data given, but based on misinformation, before I sue the Hurnscald Hospital for gross neglect in their duties by not having their formula made to the official ManaWorld Standards (big problem here, I could end up with millions of gp in compo) that the formula is overhauled and corrected.

2) That the nurse be fully trained in policies and procedures, and not allowed back on the job until she has carried out such training, and the training can be verified as AT LEAST adequate.

3) That all profits made from the sale of her new antivenom go to supplying compensation for the future illnesses of all ManaWorld residents who end up chronically sick through the neglect of this hospital.

Thanks.

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)

Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Re: Tulimshar Hospital needs new staff ASAP!!!

Post by Speiros02 »

Whoops!!! Seems I'd be suing the wrong hospital. This is Hurnscald Hospital, NOT Tulimshar... :alt-8:

€dit tux9th:\\ Changed topic name from Tulimshar to Hurnscald

thusmark
Peon
Peon

Post by thusmark »

I don't think Problem 1 is valid, as scales reaching upto 24 means that the maximum quantity of any item can be 24, not that the total quantity is 24. I might be completely wrong.
Elanore
Mana Minion
Mana Minion

Post by Elanore »

As an independent healer, I can verify that there is nothing wrong with the practices at the Hurnscald hospital. Obviously there are the standard dangers of experimental medicine, but you were clearly warned. I strongly suggest against getting medical advice from the internet.

Please, stop submitting bogus malpractice claims, you'll just raise insurance costs for everybody.
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

elanore wrote:As an independent healer, I can verify that there is nothing wrong with the practices at the Hurnscald hospital. Obviously there are the standard dangers of experimental medicine, but you were clearly warned. I strongly suggest against getting medical advice from the internet.

Please, stop submitting bogus malpractice claims, you'll just raise insurance costs for everybody.
lol sorry elanore. Please give me inma for my other chars.
Last edited by Speiros02 on 06 Mar 2014, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.

Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

thusmark wrote:I don't think Problem 1 is valid, as scales reaching upto 24 means that the maximum quantity of any item can be 24, not that the total quantity is 24. I might be completely wrong.
That's a reasonable theory and explanation for the most part...especially if there is no expectation of looking at the wiki to know the figures for the wording...still, it doesn't make it easier, and to be honest, it might all in all be based on sentence structure.

What makes me still ask this though is that using the wiki, the highest information there for one item in the formula given to me was only 16 maximum, for "much", which would be pointless to express 24 for any other reason. The highest possible value for one item is 28 with "a huge amount", which means the number 24 has no accurate reference whatsoever with any of the information in that formula.

Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

speiros, the wiki is and can be altered by just anybody at his/her own likings which is a good thing but also requires the reader to keep a healthy amount of scepticism towards the validity of its content. One thing that i personally dislike is the use of internal variable values to explain game features/quests etc to players because:
a) very often they were not designed to be published
b) their value does not mean anything or is not easy to interpret
c) their use/interpretation might change internally but externally stay the same (the hard code phenomenon)

about a) see for the dailypoint thing, there exists a function that translates the amount of residing dailypoints into phrases and yet there is that cindy announcement "zest for action...level/2 dailypoints gained" if we had a strict please no server guts guideline it would sure help consistency

about b) the scripting language/tmwa does only allow very rudimentary use of math so scripting needs to rely on some tricking / crude modeling to get not completely random results. That produces spurious variables which are not easy to interpret without knowing interiors a bit and definitely do not belong into the game reference part of the wiki.

If you are not certain how it should be right (the hurnscald quest wiki entry), it is perfectly ok if you just link to the script (https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... npc/009-2/ <- somewhere inside that) and provide a more reader friendly and less "precise" but also less deceiving wiki entry about this instead. (actually i'd like to see that approach really more often than tmwa-server-data/world/map/npc guts inside the wiki )

chay
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

Chay wrote:speiros, the wiki is and can be altered by just anybody at his/her own likings which is a good thing but also requires the reader to keep a healthy amount of scepticism towards the validity of its content. One thing that i personally dislike is the use of internal variable values to explain game features/quests etc to players because:
a) very often they were not designed to be published
b) their value does not mean anything or is not easy to interpret
c) their use/interpretation might change internally but externally stay the same (the hard code phenomenon)

about a) see for the dailypoint thing, there exists a function that translates the amount of residing dailypoints into phrases and yet there is that cindy announcement "zest for action...level/2 dailypoints gained" if we had a strict please no server guts guideline it would sure help consistency

about b) the scripting language/tmwa does only allow very rudimentary use of math so scripting needs to rely on some tricking / crude modeling to get not completely random results. That produces spurious variables which are not easy to interpret without knowing interiors a bit and definitely do not belong into the game reference part of the wiki.

If you are not certain how it should be right (the hurnscald quest wiki entry), it is perfectly ok if you just link to the script (https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... npc/009-2/ <- somewhere inside that) and provide a more reader friendly and less "precise" but also less deceiving wiki entry about this instead. (actually i'd like to see that approach really more often than tmwa-server-data/world/map/npc guts inside the wiki )

chay
It's not about the wiki, it's about the numbers stated in the NPC's script. It isn't the wiki that says it's "at least two times as much", but the script. 9 is not "at least two times" 5. That's the scripting for the NPC, and it's not changeable on the wiki, as it's one of the issues that need changing. The perspective here is that I wrote this forum post based on following the script, yet the script is out in it's explanations.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I was had the idea for a Venom Farmer in Tulimshar. As you need venom to get an antidote. So many snakes/scrops ya think...
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.