[Manaplus] No, I don't want to attack the guy I'm healing !

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Lota
Peon
Peon

[Manaplus] No, I don't want to attack the guy I'm healing !

Post by Lota »

I had this issue many times in the graveyard. To understand, you have to know that I play with the keyboard and focus on healing 90% of the time. But I have a tiny problem with the "Select Player" key.

As I said, I'm a healer. Select nearest player, heal ; no problem with that. But if I want to select a monster to attack it, and then switch to a player to heal him/her, I start hitting him/her with my knife just as I'd do with a foe out of range. Of course, (s)he isn't affected by my attack because the PvP in the graveyard is off. But I wonder if something like that would happen in the Terranite Cave. I don't really want to select my ally to heal him/her, and send him/her a lightning bolt instead !

So the question is : is there a way to tell Manaplus not to consider the other players the same way it considers the foes ?
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [Manaplus] No, I don't want to attack the guy I'm healin

Post by veryape »

There is a unassigned key for toggling pvp mode, the options are attack players, attack foes, don't attack players or something like that. I used to have that problem too and killed a few hunting friends in the terror cave before i learned about that setting.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM