Problem with Password containing unicode char

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Problem with Password containing unicode char

Post by Ginaria »

Problem - Password not working (contained a unicode char):
Some days ago i tried to login into one of my accounts, but seems password not working anymore. So i thought, probably i changed it without writing me a notice about new password. So i requested a reset for my password. A new password was sent to me *yeah*. Login working. So i decided me to set new password, which i thought would be the correct password at beginning of this fascinating story. Now i cannot login again :/. So there must be a problem with my choosen password, which was no problem at past.
My password has length 22 and crazy symbol § inside, so probably one of these are the problem.

Riddle solved by
4144 wrote: o11c removed support for unicode chars in passwords.
This mean you can use only ascii chars. 0-9, a-z, A-Z and +- etc.
THANK YOU :)
Last edited by Ginaria on 27 Oct 2014, 13:41, edited 6 times in total.
Knight
Knight

Re: Pink Pinky Planet Pitchhiker Puide Pantology

Post by 4144 »

Ginaria wrote:Problem:
Some days ago i tried to login into one of my accounts, but seems password not working anymore. So i thought, probably i changed it without writing me a notice about new password. So i requested a reset for my password. A new password was sent to me *yeah*. Login working. So i decided me to set new password, which i thought would be the correct password at beginning of this fascinating story. Now i cannot login again :/. So there must be a problem with my choosen password, which was no problem at past.
My password has length 22 and crazy symbol § inside, so probably one of these are the problem.
o11c removed support for unicode chars in passwords.
This mean you can use only ascii chars. 0-9, a-z, A-Z and +- etc.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Pink Pinky Planet Pitchhiker Puide Pantology

Post by Ginaria »

Proposal:
In my opinion its important that an info is added, which chars allowed to use for password. That includes password changing within Manaplus client and TMW registration webpage https://www.themanaworld.org/registration.php.

I only tested Manaplus feature "changing password", which accepted my password with unicode char § inside, but TMW server could not handle the password at next login. So thats surely big frustation for players, who try to use an uncommon password instead of "123456" as password. And players reject playing here, if there registration is accepted, but they cannot login. People want play game at beginning, not to report bugs or thinking what goes wrong.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Problem with Password containing unicode char

Post by o11c »

The whole "remove control chars" code is definitely poorly-thought-out.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.